PLEASE APPLY HERE --> bit.ly/2CgahDE
Denomination: Affiliated with Ministers Fellowship International (MFI)
Location: Cicero, NY
About the Organization:
Paul Wagner started Believers’ Chapel in 1982. With 25 people, the church began small and intimate but grew quickly. It is a church that is based on the five-fold ministry gifts in Ephesians 4 (God gave the church apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors
and teachers). The church is seeking its next senior pastor to lead it into its future.
Believers’ Chapel is a church planting church, with a come as you are culture and an accepting atmosphere. People love Believers’ Chapel because it is a place of love and hope, and a church where people feel cared for, where great worship is found, and where
anyone – regardless of faith background – can come and meet God where they are.
Through the decades, the church has been led well by several Senior Pastors who each have led the church through seasons of growth and excitement for how God is working in the church. As they prepare for a new Senior Pastor, they are looking ahead with anticipation
for the continued work God is doing in Believers’ Chapel.
About the Position:
The Senior Pastor of Believers’ Chapel will bear the core responsibilities of, preaching, staff oversight, vision casting, and point leadership, among others. This position will help further develop the vision and ministry framework of the church, assist
with the spiritual development and care of its existing members, and aid in its ability to impact the communities surrounding Cicero and Syracuse, NY.
The successful candidate for this position will be a strong leader with a passion for achieving and exceeding ministry objectives. They will be a motivational force, a decision-maker, and a vision-creator who champions and shapes both the vision and mission
of the church. They will be an advocate of both evangelism and discipleship, and implement their gifts of teaching, leadership, and pastoral administration into its structure, to help both areas thrive within the life of the church.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
A bachelor's degree and a theological or biblical education or training are required. A candidate with an M.Div. is strongly preferred.
- Five or more years experience in a leadership position is required.
- Experience as a senior pastor is strongly preferred. Meets the biblical qualifications of pastor/elder, as broadly defined in I Timothy 3, Titus 1, and I Peter 5.
- Baptized in the Holy Spirit.
- Belief in role of five-fold giftedness in the local church. (Ephesians 4)
- Personal recognized five-fold gifting (Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Shepherd, Teacher).
- Fully supportive of Believers’ Chapel’s mission and vision statement, statement of faith, and core values including active personal prophetic ministry and charismatic practices.
- Experience with church planting and small groups is strongly preferred.
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ and the local church.
- Faithfully committed to personally follow and apply biblical principles and possess a high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- A visionary leader who can also work well within a team environment.
- Healthy chemistry with the members and culture of Believers’ Chapel.
- A theology and spiritual background that fits with that of Believers’ Chapel.
- Belief in five-fold giftedness, with an emphasis on active prophecy ministry and charismatic practices.
- Strong relational skills and infectious love for people.
- Possesses a worldview, theological doctrine, and core values that match those held by the church.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter and goal-oriented worker, with an ability to recruit, retain, and equip leaders, staff, and members.
- Demonstrate a high leadership capacity and ability to train others.
- A gifted communicator, energetic, and enthusiastic, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed.
- Proven skills that foster trust, fairness, and teamwork among members, and a common focus on excellence in all areas.
- Consistent personal habits of prayer, Bible study/meditation, and giving.
- Dedication to his family, exhibiting wisdom in balancing family and ministry.
About the Location:
Cicero is a town in Northern Onondaga County, New York, United States. The population was 31,682 at the 2010 census. The name of the town was assigned by a clerk interested in the classics, honoring Cicero, a Roman statesman.
The Town of Cicero is in the central part of New York, north of Syracuse. It is a northern suburb of Syracuse and is located in the northeast part of Onondaga County.
The North Syracuse Central School District serves the Town of Cicero as well as the communities of North Syracuse, Clay, Bridgeport, and Mattydale/Hinsdale.
Syracuse is located along the old Erie Canal adjacent to the well-known Finger Lakes region. It is a commercial and transportation center at the crossroads of major north-south and east-west routes. Large industries once took advantage of the area's clean
water and strategic location, but the decline of the manufacturing base has hurt the area, and it faces difficulties attracting jobs, and for that matter, new residents to town.
Syracuse University adds a college-town element and is the area's largest employer. The rest of the employment base is spread among a number of smaller employers and increasingly service-oriented businesses, healthcare, and public agencies. Canal parks and
a museum preserve the city's Erie Canal heritage. The cityscape is fairly non-descript, but there are some nice wooded neighborhoods surrounding the city.
There are minor-league sports, and the Syracuse basketball team is a local attraction. Oneida Lake nearby and Lake Ontario to the north provide recreational opportunities. However, Syracuse ties Utica for the greatest annual snowfall in the country, and
the area is in a belt of gloomy lake-driven weather year-round, especially in winter. For some, Syracuse is a good alternative to crowded and expensive areas further east and south.
Gently rolling terrain stretches northward for about 30 miles to the eastern end of Lake Ontario. Hills rise to 1500 feet about 5 miles south. The climate is continental with a lake influence. The location near the St. Lawrence storm track makes for dynamic
weather. Summer temperatures rise quickly, occasionally exceeding 90 degrees, and fall rapidly after sunset. Hot, humid conditions happen only a few times a year. Winters are cold and somewhat severe. Temperatures average from the low 30’s to the low teens.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> bit.ly/2CgahDE