We’re looking for an “A” player to fill the role of Pastor of Ministry/Assimilation & Teaching Pastor at The Journey Church in Boca Raton, FL.
The Journey is a young, aggressive, outwardly-focused church in Boca Raton, FL.
The Journey consistently has over 250 attending weekend services and expects continued growth.
We are looking for a young, aggressive person who is ready to live in South Florida, work hard, grow as a pastor and leader in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ in one of the most beautiful and unchurched
cities in the country!
This role is ideal for someone just out of school/seminary who has the gift of teaching and wants to develop as a minister and grow with the church. This is a key position with the potential to move to executive staff level in time. Salary is competitive
and the position is available immediately.
Are you called to serve in South Florida?
Do you have a teaching gift and a desire to develop that gift and communicate in both large (Sundays) and medium-sized (Membership Class, etc.) settings?
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Do you believe that every believer has spiritual gifts that could serve the church and are you passionate about seeing people mobilized to serve the church and God's kingdom?
Can you work with our team to increase the number of people serving in ministry, improve our care/follow-up to new believers and create systems that see ever more people taking the step to be baptized and becoming members of the church?
Do you enjoy recruiting volunteers and working with them to create a great environment on Sundays for everyone who attends - especially first-time guests?
Are you passionate about follow-up and seeing people assimilated into the church (from first-time guests to fully developed followers of Jesus)?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of ministry and of 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest people of South Florida that make up the Journey Church.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey’s ministry and volunteer systems - with the goal of getting 50% of Sunday attendance involved in meaningful ministry on a weekly basis.
- Leading The Journey's Assimilation System in moving first time guests to becoming fully developing members. This includes the Sunday experience, follow-up to first time guests and next step decisions, new believer follow-up and care, leading people to
take the step of baptism and then to attend Membership Class and beyond.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate.
- An ability to teach on Sundays, host the service onstage regularly (welcome, announcements, etc.), lead membership classes and contribute to the Journey teaching team on a weekly basis. Requires the commitment to grow and develop as a communicator as part
of The Journey’s teaching team.
- The ability to work well with and lead staff and volunteers.
- Organizational and administrative skills are a must. Must have a high attention to detail.
- Must be extremely hard-working and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to South Florida
- Familiarity with Founding Pastor, Nelson Searcy's books "Fusion" and “Connect”
- Completed Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with a focus on religion
- The ability to manage a large and growing Ministry & Volunteer System
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for helping people take spiritual next steps
- A desire to not let anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why are you interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the books “Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests Into Fully-Engaged Members of Your Church” and “Connect: How to Double Your Number of Volunteers” by founding pastor Nelson Searcy?
(3) Why would you feel comfortable relocating to South Florida?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, but contacting the church in other ways shows that you can’t follow instructions and thus you won’t be considered – ha (but true!).