Our growing, vibrant congregation of Risen Savior Lutheran Church (RSLC) in Broomfield, Colorado, seeks an enthusiastic, fun, motivated individual to lead its ministry outreach to youth ages 6th through 12th grades (and their families).
MAJOR AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Youth ministry
- Leadership & Administration
- Special youth events
- Assist with Confirmation Program
- Provide comprehensive ministry to Middle and High School youth
- Develop relationships with both the youth and their parents that lead to greater participation in the life of the church
- Invigorate and sustain our youth ministry program at the high school level
- Recruit, identify, and train volunteers (youth and adults) to assist in youth ministry.
- Provide a fun environment for youth and families
- Develop plans and strategies for growing and integrating both Middle and High School ministry programs.
- Be the expert on youth ministry in the congregation
- Assist the Associate Pastor, Next Generation Ministries with Confirmation to Middle School youth
- Organize and participate in youth conferences and other youth events (e.g. Confirmation or other retreats) throughout the year
- Build relational activities (Bible studies in small group settings, and youth mission/service projects that appeal to youth inside and outside the congregation, including weekly/monthly activities, as well as larger, quarterly activities)
- Support and encourage the youth of the congregation, as appropriate, in their sporting and other extracurricular activities outside of the church
- Develop, plan, and execute, with volunteer support, a variety of fun activities centered around Christ, that encourage participation from a diverse group as well as involving parents and community friends
- Encourage and invite participation by youth in select children’s ministry events, as appropriate, in emphasizing positive role models
- Attract new youth and families to the congregation
- Encourage family involvement in youth activities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Adhere to the confessional standard of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Careful time management
- Display Biblical character and life centered on Biblical principles
- Computer proficiency
- Strong working knowledge of email and social media communication platforms
- Knowledgeable in top trends in children and family ministries
- Fun and enthusiastic
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum degree or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of one or two years of experience, or an internship, as a Youth Director in an evangelical Christian congregation.