Senior Pastor Date Posted: 01/25/2018
Marquette Missionary Church (MMC) Categories: Senior Pastor
Marquette, Michigan, United States Denomination: Missionary Church
Immediate Opening Church Size: 50
Job Type: Full-Time
MMC is seeking a pastor to join its ministry team. This pastor should be someone who will enthusiastically preach and faithfully support sound Biblical doctrine and is eager and willing to work alongside and encourage a worship team, Oversight Council,
and various committees, in unity and love. This will be a pastor who will grow into the role of senior pastor, has the vision to promote and inspire positive change, growth, and church participation through the use and training of church leadership and its
members. The pastor will lead the church with confidence and understanding and equip the congregation in glorifying God and discipling others. MMC prefers someone with pastoral experience but may consider other qualifications as the Lord leads us.
Meets all biblical leadership qualifications of an overseer/pastor as described in: 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-5.
- Credentialed minister with a minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent. [YAG3] If not currently credentialed by the Missionary Church, the candidate will have a
theological interview with the credentialing committee of the Michigan Region of the Missionary Church and, if called, will be required to complete the full
credentialing process for a license in the Missionary Church.
- Understands and embraces the responsibilities of a teacher as described in: James 3:1.
- Embraces the power of prayer and takes an active role in leading church in prayer.
- Is compassionate, personable, humble, hospitable, and committed to shepherding his flock.
- Has the ability and knowledge to provide sound biblical counseling, including that for marriage.
- Will continue the unification of the church body towards Christ-centered purposes.
- Communicates clearly both the Word and the delegation of duties.
- Will passionately grow our church’s ability to minister to our community and the lost.
- Is competent in basic administrative and computer tasks.
- Preach the Word of God with appropriate and thorough use of scripture.
- Work with the worship team in planning and leading services.
- Uphold our congregation’s statement of faith and vision.
- Devoted to regular prayer for the church and its members.
- Partners with the Oversight Council and deacons in shepherding the congregation.
- Provides biblical counseling and sound guidance.
- Coordinates with deacons on visitation, prayer, and aid for members and prospective members of the congregation.
- Responds to crisis situations within the church and provides appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Officiates special ceremonies such as weddings and funerals in accordance with our statement of faith.
- Greets and follows up with potential members to encourage regular attendance and membership.
- Leads by Christ’s example, both within and outside the congregation.
- Builds and strengthens his relationship with the church staff.
- Identifies, disciples, and inspires new leaders in the church.
- Promotes and encourages new ministries and outreaches.
- Works with the Oversight Council and deacons in ensuring doctrinal integrity of the church.
- Motivates and leads membership participation in evangelical opportunities.
- Partners with the Oversight Council for church member biblical discipline and rebuke if needed.
- Partners in the oversight of the day-to-day activities of the church and its events.
- Works with leadership in setting the agenda for congregational meetings.
- The senior pastor is accountable first and foremost to God and His Word, and secondly to the congregation.
- The senior pastor selected will be evaluated on performance at six months, one year, and annually thereafter by the MMC Oversight Council, following the
guidelines for the annual review of pastors serving in the Michigan Region of the Missionary Church.
- The senior pastor is strongly encouraged to participate in the various training, retreat and camp ministry opportunities of the Michigan Region of the Missionary
Church. He is required to attend the annual conference of the Region and the denomination’s biennial conference.
The MMC, over 80 years old, is one of the first Missionary Churches established in the Upper Peninsula. In the late 1970’s, the church was led to build a new ‘house’ (our current beautiful facility) for which it is debt free. In the past, church attendance
has been as high as 200 but currently sees approximately 44 people on an average Sunday, with potential for significant growth. MMC currently offers Sunday School for adults and kids, home-based groups, MOPS, (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers) and a women’s group.
Members and non-members alike are enthusiastically active in the ever-popular Sunday morning “coffee house,” and also actively participate in community activities and various events held at or sponsored by MMC; and we have some great prayer warriors.
MMC, being located less than a mile from the campus of Northern Michigan University (NMU), provides easy access for college students, and a unique outreach opportunity for us. NMU with a fall 2017 student enrollment of just under 8000, has several active
campus student ministries.
Located on the shores of amazing Lake Superior, Marquette is a vibrant, diverse, fast growing community, and is the largest city in the Upper Peninsula featuring some of the absolute best for outdoor enthusiasts. It is a popular and well-known destination
for all forms of biking – mountain, fat-tire, and road racing. Other favored outdoor activities include kayaking, fresh-water surfing, fishing, boating, and in the winter both downhill and cross country skiing, luge, ski jumping, snowshoeing, snowmobiling,
and hockey which is a local favorite spectator sport. Marquette is home to some of the most creative people, who have chosen to live here for these active life styles.
Send resume electronically to: email@example.com
Subject: Senior Pastor
With submission, include web links to or mail media that provides a minimum of three sermons (audio or video) for review.
908 Altamont St.
Marquette, MI. 49855
All submissions will be followed up with as quickly as possible. This senior pastor position is open now and we are praying for God’s timing and provision.