The ministry role of the Youth Pastor is to oversee, disciple and equip the youth of VCC, primarily through regular faithful and biblical preaching and teaching, as well as building and leading a team that will minister at VCC to Junior and Senior High students.
This person will provide leadership and vision to the Youth Ministry by cultivating an environment that embraces the worship and word of God, spiritual maturation, discipleship and evangelism, thus developing and equipping the youth to be fully devoted followers
A VCC employee’s spiritual life, character, demeanor, and attitude must always represent Christ and His church. He will be expected to pursue this ideal through prayer, Bible study, regular attendance at services, and fellowship with the congregation.
A VCC church employee must also be a member of the church and agree with VCC’s mission statement, Tenets of Faith and Constitution and By-laws.
Supervisor: Assisting Pastor
- Meets all the requirements for a pastor as given in the VCC Constitution & By-Laws.
- Related college degree or Bible college/Seminary training.
- Prior experience in youth ministry (to Jr. & Sr. High School age) leadership.
- Displays consistent spiritual maturity.
- Demonstrates a desire for continual spiritual growth and ministry development.
- Meets the biblical requirements of an overseer (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:7-9; 1 Pet. 5:1-4).
- Demonstrates the spiritual gifts of leadership and teaching (Rom. 12:6-8; Eph. 4:11-12).
- Demonstrates effective level of oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Motivated, organized, able to follow through.
- Ability to facilitate, motivate and lead teams of volunteers.
- Ability to resolve conflict appropriately and biblically.
- Must pass all screening and background checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to:
- Labor by grace to always draw nearer to God in Christ.
- Prepare for and execute teaching for 11am Sunday morning service for Jr. and Sr. High students
- Prepare and execute an evening youth group for Jr. & Sr. High students
- Plan and execute periodic service opportunities, fellowship events and retreats for students
- Recruit, train and disciple a team of volunteer youth leaders
- Communicate with the congregation about youth ministry activities. Look for ways to integrate the youth ministries with the church as a whole.
- Communicate regularly with parents. Provide opportunities for parent involvement.
- Partner with the Children’s Ministry director to provide a coordinated and integrated ministry for VCC families with children.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend monthly Board of Director meetings
- Complete other tasks or assignments as directed.
- Occasionally lead Chapel time for the students.
Please send resumés direct to firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT through the form on this website. If possible please include a link to a recent sermon with the email.