Children's Ministry Director
River47 Covenant Church, Orange, CA
We are seeking someone to be our part-time children's ministry director who loves Jesus, loves kids, loves the church, who has a passion for children's ministry, and helping kids encounter the love and truth of Christ through His Word and Spirit.
We are a small church seeking to rebuild and desire to have someone come be a part of our church with a passion to reach out to the community around us, be an attractional force to families who do visit, and who has a passion to see children and families
live in the abundant life that Christ has to offer.
This position will be about 12-15 hours a week. The pay will be $1000 a month.
The person we are seeking must:
- Be Playful, fun, energetic, outgoing who will bring zest and life to our children's ministry, families, and wider church culture
- Have a B.A. or currently working towards one, or equivalent experience
- Be Self-Motivated, Reliable, Person of Integrity, Keeps and follows through on their word and commitments
- Have a humble heart and be able to take direction (this position will report to the Senior Pastor and Church Council)
- Have a Passion for Jesus, Spiritually Healthy, Lover of God's Word and is dedicated to growing in their personal relationship with God
- Live a morally clean and pure life
- Be able to provide at least 3 references
- Have knowledge and experience in Biblical interpretation and child development (and faith development) education
- Provide a safe, fun, nurturing environment for children
- Be doctrinally sound and stands by the core historic creeds of the Church and the tenets of the Evangelical Covenant Church
- Have a passion to help parents fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children
- Be in alignment with the mission of River47 Covenant (as shown on the website)
- Have experience in designing and developing children's ministry programs
- Have effective communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- Have a demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together
- Have experience recruiting and overseeing volunteers.