WORSHIP ARTS COORDINATOR
First Baptist Church of Allentown
The PURPOSE of this newly-created, part-time position would consist of partnering with the Senior Pastor and a team of church leaders (the “Ministry Coordination Group” or “MCG”) to employ the worship arts in a worship experience inspired by the Holy Spirit
and supportive of First Baptist’s Mission. The worship arts would include:
- The Adult Choir;
- The Contemporary Worship Music Team;
- The Tech Team (light and sound); and,
- The Media Team.
It would also include developing a Drama Ministry and periodically incorporating children’s ministries into Sunday morning worship. The goal of this ministry is to use the arts to reflect God’s glory.
RESPONSIBILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS
- RESPONSIBILITIES – Generally speaking, the Worship Arts Coordinator’s responsibilities would be both MINISTRY-focused and ARTS-focused.
Ministerial responsibilities would include:
- Planning worship services consistent with God’s leading and the Senior Pastor’s objectives, with an emphasis on music selection, order of worship and incorporation of ministry events e.g. Baptisms, Missions emphasis, Seasonal Themes;
- Working as a part of the Pastoral team, participating in team meetings, leadership events and other events as specified;
- With the Senior Pastor’s and the MCG’s aid and advice, prayerfully preparing an annual Plan outlining goals for the Arts Ministries and reporting to the Deacons, on a monthly basis, achievements, needs and expectations ahead for the Worship Arts Ministries.
Arts-focused responsibilities would include:
- Recruiting new participants;
- Developing and managing processes used to schedule volunteers to provide special music, drama, and prelude and to manage sound, lighting and media;
- Leading and/or facilitation leadership for the Adult Choir and Contemporary Worship Team(s) and regularly participating in those ministries.
- II. QUALIFICATIONS
- A committed believer in Jesus Christ who is living in relationship with Him and modeling it to others;
- A knowledge of music that includes the ability to read music, teach parts, incorporate multiple instruments and build repertoire;
- Experience leading, participating in and managing vocal and instrumental ensembles;
- Knowledge of and experience with a wide variety of music styles including hymns, modern worship music, and both traditional and contemporary choral music;
- Abiliity to work in a team environment;
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills;
- Positive attitude and a focus on Spirit-led/grace-filled leadership.