The On-Site Associate Campus Pastor will be responsible for assisting the full-time, lead On-Site Campus Pastor in providing pastoral and management leadership to an on-site video venue designed to continue to expand the growth of Scottsdale Bible through
greater outreach for the gospel of Jesus Christ into our community. The on-site video venue will continue to leverage the breadth of ministry resources, the gift of Scottsdale Bible’s transformational teaching, and the grace-based culture of SBC as it develops
its own unique programming and supporting ministries. This position will report to the full-time, lead On-Site Campus Pastor.
As a Pastor of Scottsdale Bible, this person is also expected to perform generic pastoral duties for the church including biblical counseling, officiating church ordinances (baptism, communion, weddings, funerals, etc.), and nurturing the church body.
1. Recruit, mobilize, and shepherd small group leaders for the on-site venue
2.Manage and direct the coordination of venue groups of volunteers, ministries, processes, and schedules
- Act as the primary on-site venue liaison to the SBC First Impressions Leader in the coordination of volunteer engagement and on-boarding/training of best practices, greeting/ushering, communion service, welcome station elements, and response to communication
3. Assist the lead On-Site Campus Pastor in creating additional opportunities for both community and strategic evangelism at the on-site video venue through support in the following areas:
- Create and execute community building activities as appropriate
- Challenge the church to be personally involved in evangelism
4. Assist the lead On-Site Campus Pastor in providing organizational leadership for the on-site venue through support in the following areas:
- Support the leadership, vision and direction of Scottsdale Bible
- Enable all aspects for the service in worship planning and service elements
- Exegete the congregational culture to align the venue ministries to reach the lost
5. Assist the lead On-Site Campus Pastor in providing pastoral leadership and shepherding for the on-site venue congregation through support in the following areas:
- When directed, publically communicate and give pastoral direction to maintain congregational unity
- Shepherd the congregation through assisting in the enabling of authentic small groups, outreach & discipleship, gift-based service, lay leader development, and a welcoming, guest-centric environment
- Provide pastoral congregational care through biblical counseling and hospital visitation as needed
- Provide pastoral leadership in areas such as weddings, funerals, communion, child dedications, baptisms, and other service elements as needed
6. Participate and support all-church initiatives and events when appropriate
- Cultivate and maintain a proactive, healthy partnership with all SBC staff and ministries
- Demonstrate a willingness to cross-share resources, methods, and programs across all SBC
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must have a level of education and experience commensurate with the position: Master of Divinity or equivalent; more than 5 years of demonstrated ministry leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of the Bible and theology; ability to communicate and teach the Bible effectively in both small (1-100 persons) and large venues (100-2000 persons); ability to present the gospel clearly and concisely; understands grace personally and lives
this out through daily application; ability to provide pastoral counseling and shepherding.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and organizational skills; proven ability to work collaboratively with others and in team environments; change-orientated and risk adverse; passion for application and results; effective listening skills and teachable.
- Demonstrated ability to create Christ-centered worship environments that reflect the needs of the congregation; ability to lead band, worship, and technical teams; and demonstrated vocal and instrumental proficiency.
- Fully committed follower of Christ; beliefs consistent with SBC’s statement of faith.
- Lives a life that is consistent with SBC’s employee values
- Heart-driven passion for the family; a heart-driven passion for the priority of a spiritually healthy marriage
- Ability to think philosophically, lead strategically, and execute tactically; appropriate balance of leader/manager and pastor/shepherd
- Demonstrated relational skills: high value of people; aspires to serve others; fosters a healthy and amiable spiritual environment; approachable and accessible; works well with others; appreciation for own and other’s giftedness; possess a healthy sense
- Integrity of work habits and results; able to discern needs and respond appropriately; able to maintain a high degree of professionalism and accuracy; good written and verbal communication skills; desire for individual & professional growth; able to shift
focus quickly from one project to another and multi-task; ; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; takes initiative; ability to handle confidential information; change agent.
**TO APPLY USE THE FOLLOWING LINK: