Riva Trace Baptist Church
Director of Children
It is imperative that all RTBC Staff whole-heartedly support the leadership of the Senior Pastor and diligently pursue the mission, purposes and core values of Riva Trace Baptist Church at all times. All RTBC Staff must demonstrate a vital and growing relationship
with Jesus Christ, being a person of prayer and the Word; manifesting a passion for God and His Church.
II. Director of Children
The Director of Children is responsible for providing leadership for all aspects of the Children’s Ministry from birth through fifth grade. The Director of Children is to lead this ministry forward following the vision, purposes, and core values of Riva
Trace Baptist Church while casting a consistent vision for the ongoing health and growth of the Children’s Ministry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties outlined below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. All staff members are required to follow
any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties that may be required of them by their supervisor.
The Director of Children must have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to all staff, ministry volunteers, and parents; and must have the ability to speak effectively before groups, consistently displaying good interpersonal
skills. In addition, he/she must have the ability to routinely demonstrate sound judgment and make good decisions; and must have the ability to deal with problems efficiently and effectively while maintaining good working relationships.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Recruit, equip, train, encourage, and shepherd a Ministry Leadership Team and full volunteer staff within KidzCentral, in order to support the following:
- Sunday morning classes during the 9:15 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. services
- Wednesday night programming
- Vacation Bible School
- Other Special Children Events (e.g. Easter Eggstravaganza, etc.)
- Maintain a clean, safe, and well equipped Children’s Wing that is ready to be used minister to children throughout the week.
- Consistent availability and ministry to parents through meetings, phone calls, e-mails and other correspondence.
- Supervise the ongoing use of the Children’s Wing by other ministry groups and rentals.
- In consultation with the Pastoral Staff, select, plan for, and monitor the use of Children’s curriculum that serves to insure that by the time a child moves to the Student Ministry they have been taught the foundational truths of the Bible as the Word
of God and have heard the Gospel message of God’s love and saving grace for them, made possible through Jesus Christ.
- Enhance and enforce the policies and procedures for the Children’s Ministry including application screening/background checks, leadership behavior and standards of operation.
- Respond to and address all issues and problems identified by teachers and parents.
- Be a leader that continues to learn and identify new ways of improving and growing our Children’s Ministry (i.e. researching other effective children’s ministries, attending conferences, understanding the demographics of our community, etc.).
- Maintain sufficient supplies (including snacks, craft supplies, etc.) for all ministries.
- Development of and monitoring of yearly budget for Children’s Ministry.
- Plan and execute leadership meetings with Children’s Ministry Team as needed.
- Participate in all required Staff, Director’s and Planning Team meetings.
- Prepare and administer volunteer parent rotation for classes.
- Fully utilize and look for opportunities to regularly enhance all Children’s Ministry systems (e.g. volunteer management, security, check-in, visitor assimilation, attendance, etc.)
IV. Position Requirements
- Must possess Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and should be demonstrating the fruit that is evidenced by such a decision.
- Must agree with the mission and vision of Riva Trace Baptist Church and its leadership.
- Must be a member of Riva Trace Baptist Church.
- Must have related education or experience in Preschool and/or Children’s Ministry.
- Must have or be willing to become certified in CPR for children.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with children, parents, teachers, and staff.
- Must commit to being a team player upholding his/her responsibilities and assisting others as needed/requested.
V. Relation to Staff
The Director of Children will report directly to the Supervising Pastor.
V. Work Hours and Schedule
30 hours/week minimum. May be full time. Schedule as agreed upon with Supervising Pastor.