The Values of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
Cornerstone Christian Fellowship holds that the Bible is our unchanging foundation. We place great emphasis on the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. The church strives for spiritual growth that is reflected in all areas of life. Fellowship and community among
its members is important to Cornerstone.
Cornerstone is committed to serving as Jesus served and our goal is to meet needs in the lives of people we contact. Offering eternal life through faith in Jesus to anyone who will receive it, both in Midland as well as around the world in places where Cornerstone
is involved is what we do.
Both personal devotion and corporate worship are valued at Cornerstone, and the church encourages the widespread use of spiritual gifts for the common good. The church values a congregation diverse in race, age, and economic status. Cornerstone wants its
members working hard, living generously, and living debt-free.
About the Organization / Church Model
- Openly, regularly and clearly offers the gift of eternal life through faith in Jesus during Sunday services, Small Groups, and other activities of the church.
- Preaches and teaches about the Holy Spirit and encourages members to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit and walk in the Spirit. Members of the church exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness,
self-control) and are trained in and encouraged to properly use the gifts of the Spirit for the common good.
- Preaches and teaches the Word of God and its application in all areas of our lives including our personal devotion, marriages, families, jobs, generosity and lifestyle evangelism.
- Small Groups are a fundamental element of the church. Within the Small Group each member receives ministry and finds fellowship and community. The Small Group leader is a “pastor” to their group and is accountable to the church leadership. The church
regularly talks about and instructs the congregation on the importance of Small Groups in the lives of members and to the mission of the church.
- Teaches and instructs the members to serve as Jesus served. The church preaches and teaches the instructions of the Word of God to reach out and meet the needs of those around us. The church provides an opportunity during Sunday service and in Small Group
meetings for ministry and prayer for anyone with a need.
- Church members live on mission and are actively sharing the Gospel and praying for people around them in their everyday lives and are actively inviting people to their Small Group and the Sunday service.
- Supports Missions and is actively involved in sending its members on mission trips locally and abroad.
- Teaches and instructs its members to have a habit of vibrant daily devotion which includes prayer, the Word and worship. The church comes together each week for corporate worship to experience the presence of God.
- Being a good steward of God’s resources and following scriptural financial principles. Church members are taught to follow scriptural financial principals such as being debt-free, working hard, being generous in giving back to God, investing in efforts
to spread the Gospel, and giving to those in need.
- Understands that its members are all one in Christ, while also understanding that the Kingdom of Heaven is made up of every nation, tribe and tongue.
- Values the strength of multi-generations within its congregation and does not show preference for economic status.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal Senior Pastor candidate:
- Candidate must be Baptized in the Holy Spirit and able to thoroughly describe the Scriptural basis for the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, how it has personally impacted his life, and why followers of Jesus should be Baptized in the Holy Spirit.
- Intentionally purposes to walk in the Spirit daily.
- Has a daily habit of vibrant devotion which includes prayer, the Word and worship.
- Understands and has experience with the gifts of the Spirit.
- Involved in daily lifestyle evangelism and have a strong discernment of the needs of people around them.
Experience & Abilities
- Commands a college level understanding of the Bible and its application in the major areas of life (undergraduate degree from a major university is preferred but not required).
- Above average communication skills to be able to effectively communicate and convey the truths of the Bible.
- The candidate must have experience in business or work outside of ministry and be comfortable with common computer programs, technology, accounting practices and communications.
- Experienced in managing a staff, achieving goals, and conflict resolution.
Leadership Training & Small Groups
- Experience in a church which implements a growing and vibrant small group model.
- Committed to providing a ministry opportunity during church gatherings to pray for people with needs and to allow the gifts of the Spirit to be used.
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of systematic discipleship for the spiritual growth of individuals and the development of leaders.
- Married for at least 5 years and be a continual student of how to have a successful and healthy marriage according to God’s Word.
- A student of how to raise children according to God’s Word.
Soft Skills & Personal Characteristics
- The candidate should be able to provide personal references who can attest to evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control) in his lifestyle, actions, words and interactions
- Must have a love for, and a desire to pastor, people of any race, age and economic status (being bilingual is not a requirement but would be very useful in West Texas).
- Debt-free (excluding mortgage and auto loans), works hard, and lives generously.
- Believes in and models Cornerstone’s vision, mission, and values.
- The candidate must have an expectation to serve the church for at least 10 years.
- The candidate must agree with, endorse, and support the Cornerstone Bylaws and existing form of church government.
- Serve alongside the current Elders as an Elder subject to the Word of God as well as the Bylaws of the church.
- Preach and teach at least 10 Sundays every Quarter.
- Cast vision, direct and oversee the Small Group program.
- Cast vision, set an example, direct and oversee the church ministries and staff to support the Values and Model of Cornerstone.
- Perform and oversee pastoral duties such as marriage counseling, family counseling, weddings, and funerals.
- Cast vision, direct and oversee a membership program which fully explains the Cornerstone Values, expectations for members, encourages new members to serve in a ministry of the church, and helps new members to become active in a Small Group.
- Cast vision, direct and oversee a Bible/Discipleship/Leadership School or training program.
- Keep regular office hours.
- Assist in establishing and managing the church budget.
- Be pastoral and accessible to the members.
To apply for this position, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org