TITLE: Contemporary Worship Music Leader
CATEGORIES: Worship & Music Ministry – Media/Technology
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (40 hours/wk) – Reports to the Director of Worship & Music and the Lead Pastor.
COMPENSATION: Negotiable based on experience.
$50k Salaried with Benefits (Medical/Dental/Life-Insurance, LTD, AD&D, Pension)
The Contemporary Worship Music Leader will:
- Organize and lead contemporary worship music teams in corporate worship services on Sunday and other weekly worship settings including Youth Praise Band and Celebrate Recovery Worship.
- Work closely with the Director of Worship & Music and the Lead Pastor to develop a culture of worship and praise consistent with the spiritual vision for PVUMC.
- Recruit, train, and mentor volunteer musicians and vocalists, training them to be Spirit-led ministers of worship and fostering their spiritual growth.
- Develop and coordinate worship, sound and media teams as needed for various PVUMC ministries and events.
- Keep abreast of current trends in worship, sound, and media styles and practices, selecting music and worship media to create worship programs that are spiritually enriching and dynamic.
- Work collaboratively with sound engineers and media technicians to ensure musical production of the highest-quality.
- Introduce the use of click and backing tracks to the band.
- Oversee and promote our live streaming ministry, specifying A/V and lighting upgrades in all worship venues.
- Prepare weekly announcements in video and print form for distribution via social media, website and pre-service video loops.
- Oversee website development, content and design.
- Oversee video ministry to produce videos for worship, testimonies, promotions of sermon series and events, ministry profiles and overviews
- Understand and be able to champion the church’s mission, vision and journey and the theology and traditions of the United Methodist Church with a passion for “Connecting hearts to Christ and one another” using “Excellence in Worship” and music
- Heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection
- Show proficiency primarily on guitar and secondarily on keyboard/piano
- Ability to work with chord charts, sheet music and guitar tabs/lead sheets, and tracks
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional growth
- Must have vocal skills
- Must have a teachable heart
- In coordination with the Worship & Music Ministry Director and the Lead Pastor, formulate a church-wide vision for contemporary worship
- Provide leadership for all contemporary services personally or with music leader volunteers
- Recruit and build the necessary teams to carry out the contemporary worship areas of PVUMC
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary
- Introduce our worship teams to worship training utilizing other music ministries, books, and conferences
- Set annual goals for the contemporary worship ministry that are in line with our vision and evaluate regularly how goals have been attained and modify as needed
- Lead with a prayer or devotion at every rehearsal
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new worship experiences with modern, contemporary, and traditional styles of worship music and formats
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop. The Contemporary Worship Music Leader shall carry out their responsibilities under the supervision of the Worship & Music Ministry Director and Lead Pastor. They will
also coordinate with the Worship Team in developing themes and content for contemporary worship. The Staff-Parish Relations Committee shall provide support and consultation to the Contemporary Worship Music Leader.
The first step for any interested candidates would be to submit their resume with a letter of introduction including a link to on-line video that shows their leading or serving in worship services to firstname.lastname@example.org.