Job Description: Student Pastor
Purpose of the Position:
The primary responsibilities for this position include: teaching the Word of God, planning creative ways with the Student Ministry Team to reach students with the love of God, discipling students, and setting up parents to be the primary disciple makers
in the church. The individual MUST be highly relational, energetic, dynamic and relevant to today’s student culture as well as passionate about seeing students and parents develop a solid foundation in Christ.
The ideal candidate will be cooperative, consistent and flexible (in programming, with your schedule, and with change). This person will also feel
called to Student Ministry, has exceptional character
(exhibiting humility, and is an example to new and non-believers) and works well with a variety of people (chemistry). This person must also possess the following required competencies:
• Bible/Ministry Degree.
• 1-year experience preaching and teaching the Word of God.
• 1-year experience with recruiting, training, and organizing small group
leaders and volunteers.
• experience discipling students.
• experience leading and organizing a Student Ministry of 20 + students (weekly
programming, events, connecting with students, partnering with parents).
Preferred Competencies/Experience: (these don’t have to fit you, but it’s a bonus if they do)
• Ability to sing and play guitar.
• An understanding of sound and tech equipment.
• Knowledge of/willingness to learn video editing.
• Familiar with Pro Presenter.
• Familiar with graphics editing (Adobe Creative Suite, Publisher), video
editing software (Final Cut, iMovie).
Spiritual Gift Preferences:
1. Oversee Student Ministry for grades 6 – 12.
2. Works as a positive team player with other ministries of the church in all areas from communication to facilities.
3. Communicates vision for student ministries with passion, conviction, and clarity.
4. Meet regularly with Lead Pastor to ensure alignment of strategy.
- • Reports to: Lead Pastor
- • Staff reporting to him: None currently.
Application Requirements: Resume, Cover Letter, and links to facebook and twitter accounts-if applicable