Church/ Campus Description:
Sun Valley Community Church began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years, Sun Valley has grown into a large multi-site church in the Phoenix area. Currently, there are five campuses located in Casa Grande, East Mesa, Gilbert, Queen
Creek and Tempe. Together nearly, 8000 people attend a Sun Valley Campus each weekend.
Helping people Meet, Know and Follow Jesus by ensuring every person who attends Sun Valley has a remarkable guest experience.
The Connections Director is responsible for all components related to delivering an extraordinary guest service experience on the weekend and during certain special events at Sun Valley Community Church. They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive
spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. They
should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and Vision of Sun Valley.
- Passion for building teams
- Background in customer service with experience with coaching and leading people
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Organized with an eye for excellence
- Passion for recruiting, developing, and leading teams of volunteers
- Willingness to personally own and model Sun Valley’s value of extraordinary guest service
- Align with the mission, vision, values, team leadership distinctives and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church
- Provide weekend leadership to the guest experience to include, but not limited to: Parking, New Here Start Here, Greeters, Ushers, Next Steps Center, Volunteer Central, and Coffee Shop
- Recruit, train, empower and release volunteer team members to provide and excellent guest experience
- Lead and coach the Guest Service Coordinator in creating and maintaining systems within the Guest Service ministry
- Regularly meet with team leaders and other volunteers to cast vision, train, and build relationships
- Oversee the process that insures prompt new guest follow up
- Develop a recruitment plan and training strategy for new volunteers
- Develop departmental budget