Church/ Campus Description:
Sun Valley Community Church began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years, Sun Valley has grown into a large multi-site church in the Phoenix area. Currently, there are five campuses located in Casa Grande, East Mesa, Gilbert, Queen
Creek and Tempe. Together nearly, 8000 people attend a Sun Valley Campus each weekend.
Summary of Position:
The 456 Coordinator will be responsible for all components SV Kids 456 weekend services including, but not limited to, production and operations of fun, safe, and relational Large and Small Group environments. The 456 Coordinator will recruit, train, empower
and release the volunteer teams which support the weekend services. The 456 Coordinator will also work towards developing trust with parents while providing excellent guest experiences for new and returning guests.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for church leadership
- Experienced in the Orange strategy and understanding of a strong partnership with parents
- Strengths in the following areas: strong understanding of the development of 4th, 5th, and 6th grade children, volunteer recruitment and development, biblical knowledge
- Able to think creatively, problem solve, and “think outside of the box” to further ministry
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and team oriented
- Able to effectively communicate with parents, children, volunteers and church leaders
- Support the mission, vision and values of the SV NextGen Team
- Align with the mission, vision, values, team leadership distinctives and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church
- Recruit and Train a Large Group Coordinator while developing a Large Group production team
- Empower 456 ministry volunteers to lead the ministry through creating a culture of leadership recruitment, development, training and reproduction.
- Encourage the 456 ministry volunteer team through prayer, spiritual direction and development of a fun, creative and relational team environment
- Create and maintain fun, engaging, inviting Large and Small group experiences for 4th, 5th and 6th grade children with the approval of the SV Kids Director
- Lead the 456 Team each weekend at each scheduled service
- Lead the 456 Team during special events and special weekends
- Participate in SV Kids staff meetings, activities, and retreats
- Coordinate with counterparts at other campuses
- Stay current with kid culture and Children’s Ministry trends