Sun Valley first opened its doors in 1990 with a heart to reach people in Arizona who nobody was reaching with the good news that God loves us and that Jesus has provided the way for us to be restored in a relationship with Him. That is still who we are
today. We are one church that meets in multiple locations (including Casa Grande, Tempe, Gilbert, East Mesa, Queen Creek, and Online) with the mission of helping people meet, know, and follow Jesus.
The Video Director is a key leader across Sun Valley Campuses. This person will work closely with other creative personalities as a positive, solution-focused leader. This person is the visionary behind all video content for Sun Valley. They lead the weekend
services from a broadcast perspective. This person should be a storyteller that excels in pre-produced video. They must have experience editing, producing, filming, and directing video. This individual will be responsible to oversee the development of the
video team at the Broadcast campus as well as developing video concepts across all campuses. This person will work closely with pastoral staff to develop video concepts and lead the church with video content. With humility, they will represent Christ and
Sun Valley well in the community at large. In all actions, this person will be positive, supportive and live out the mission, values and the vision of Sun Valley.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience preferred
- Experience directing live video with thorough knowledge of how to call a service
- Experience shooting, directing and producing videos
- Experience using video editing and effects software such as Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder
- Working knowledge of high end broadcast cameras, switchers, and other video technology
- Direct the weekend experience at the broadcast campus including calling transitions for all lighting, video, presentation and audio positions.
- Raise up a team and train a small select crew of staff and highly talented volunteers to direct the weekend video experience at the broadcast campus.
- Oversee camera use at other campuses as needed
- Train, schedule and lead camera and technical director volunteer teams at the broadcast campus.
- Capture and distribute short video clips and screen grabs for use in social media
- Leadership with in house pre-produced video: video hosting, leadership blurbs, baptism promo’s, ministry promo’s, etc.
- Help with guidance and communication between creative team and contract videographers
- Shoot, Edit and Render in house video projects
- Edit and Render contract videographer files
- Responsible for quality control process of all visuals, pre produced videos and graphics used during the weekend experience
- Collaborate with the Producer, Communications Director and Media Director on looks and feels of all presentation and media software. Supporting their work and being part of the quality control for presentation
- Create visually compelling stories, must be able to take a concept and produce, direct, shoot and edit a video
- Key story-teller, must have a strong sense of how to tell a story via video
Submit link to digital video samples along with resume.