Position Title: CMA In-House Staff
Classification: Full Time, Exempt, & Fully Donation Supported
Reports To: CMA Program Manager
Location: Caribbean Mountain Academy, Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
General Statement of Responsibility:
To build relationships with struggling teens through transparency and accountability while providing direct care to them in a manner consistent with their individual treatment plans, and Crosswinds’ guidelines, practices, and policies, and do all while demonstrating
the grace of God through Jesus Christ.
- To oversee and be involved with students during any and all activities, including but not limited to; in-house activities, beach excursions, rain forest hiking, community service, and social events
- Monitor correspondence with the program manager and counselor to identify issues the student is working through to progress each student individually based on their Behavioral Plan
- Serve as a mentor to each youth.
- Participate in in-service orientation and training in child care methods.
- Maintain order, intervene in crisis situations, and administer proper, fair and constructive discipline consistent with Crosswinds’ policies.
- Maintain an understanding of each resident’s treatment plan.
- Be aware of and carry out Crosswinds’ guidelines and practices as defined in Crosswinds' procedural manual.
- Model and teach the balanced life concept in all interaction with residents.
- Be a positive role model to the residents by demonstrating high moral and ethical standards.
- Be active in discipleship interaction with residents and staff.
- Attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings.
Examples of Tasks:
- Assist in maintaining records on the residents (levels, significant behavioral changes, and medications).
- Assist in supervising the chores and work hours.
- Assist with transporting residents to various appointments and activities including but not limited to horseback riding, snorkeling, doctors/dentist appointments, and campus projects
- Dispense medications as authorized and prescribed.
- Supervise meals and assist in house cooking twice a week
Personal relationship with Christ
- References attesting to lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass all background checks
- Exceptional people skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Bachelors degree or vocational equivalent
- Prior experience serving at-risk youth
- Bi-lingual with Spanish
- Participation on mission trips
Job Type: Full-time