Overview of Position:
Fellowship Bible Church is a thriving non-denominational church of about 3,000 people in Topeka, KS, which is about one hour west of Kansas City. Planted in 1996, the church continues to experience incredible growth. Fellowship is a youthful church, with
an average age of 29. We have many young families and children and are currently in search of a worship leader to join our Worship Arts staff team with an emphasis on leading worship through music for our student, children’s, and young adult ministries. This
is an entry-level position with a salary range of $32,500-42,500k, depending on experience.
Fellowship Mission: Helping People Find and Follow Jesus Christ.
Overall Position Mission: To lead and develop worship teams of volunteers for Family Ministry department (student, children’s, and young adult ministries) and to assist in facilitating the vision for Worship Arts for the entire church.
- Plan and lead weekly Family Ministry worship services in coordination with Family Ministry team (Family Pastor, Student Pastor, Children’s Director).
- Recruit, train, disciple, encourage and appreciate Family Ministry worship team members.
- Work with Worship Arts Pastor to align the direction and values of the Family Ministry worship services with those of the overall Worship Arts ministry.
- Participate in Worship Arts team meetings and worship planning, and Family Ministry meetings as needed.
- Assist in main weekend services as needed.
- Assist Worship Arts Pastor in developing overall worship vision and culture through administration, communication needs, lessons, and other designated areas.
- Contribute to creative set planning and design, set-ups, tear-downs, and special events as needed.
- Administrative duties involved in weekly ministry responsibilities using Planning Center Online and other means as necessary.
Candidates will ideally possess the following qualities, skills, and abilities:
- A commitment to the local church expressed through involvement.
- Has demonstrated a heart for discipleship in the local church.
- Has demonstrated a calling, gifting, and passion for worship leadership in the local church and for student and children’s ministries.
- Proficiency in either guitar (preferred) or keyboard for leading in worship.
- Ability to effectively lead worship services and band rehearsals.
- Effective communicator (verbal, written, and body language).
- Familiarity with Planning Center Online is a plus.
If you feel you are a fit for the above description, please send the following to Kerry Engstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) Email address/current contact information, 2) Résumé, 3) References and 4) Video links of you leading worship (YouTube, Vimeo,