CANBY EVANGELICAL CHURCH
SENIOR PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Church size approx. 100+
Canby Evangelical Church is looking for God’s best choice for us, which would include a man who loves and preaches God’s Word and is willing to shepherd a congregation who loves God, loves each other, and wants to reach out as a light to our community. While
extensive ministry experience is not the highest requirement, our new Pastor should have a heart for teaching, the ability to lead people, and train others to grow and get involved with their talents and gifts.
- Be a sincere, mature and growing disciple of Jesus Christ
- Inspire and challenge our church to become more like Jesus, including missions, prayer, outreach, and loving others.
- Faithfully and joyfully minister in accordance with the policies, vision, and doctrine of the Evangelical Church in the Wesley-Arminian tradition.
- Oversee the ministries of the church, including small groups, nursery, Sunday School activities, midweek Bible studies and Tuesday night prayer group. His primary responsibilities will be preaching, teaching, and nurturing our members and encouraging evangelism.
- Be mission minded for the lost in our community.
- Find replacement to preach when needed.
- Provide Pastoral care such as visitation, prayer, counseling, mentoring, funerals and weddings for members of our church.
- Work with Church Council, Trustees, and Pastor-Parish Group.
- Pursue personal growth through conferences and continuing education.
- Maintain regular office hours as agreed on with the Pastor Parish Committee and work full time.
- Have a good working knowledge of social media and be committed to overseeing communications through this medium.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate church staff with the guidance of the Pastor Parish Committee.
Annual salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education. This salary can be broken up as salary and housing allowance to fit the pastor’s situation and for his optimum living and tax advantage.
Church information can be viewed through Canby Evangelical Church and linking to its Facebook page. To learn more about the Canby area, you can look at
Those interested in applying for the position should do the following:
- Review this to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications
- Submit a COVER LETTER, RESUME, and TEACHING VIDEO TO:
- Cover letter should not be more than one page. Please submit by May 1, 2018.
- Include in your cover letter your reasons for applying and how you heard about the position.
- Please submit only one video of a sermon you have delivered to a large group. As we are requesting a single sample, please choose the best representation of your teaching. Note: the video is best submitted in a digital format (i.e. links of videos, YouTube
posting, or podcasts.) You can also mail a video DVD to:
Superintendent Randy Myers
11501 SE Sunnyside Road, Suite 200
Clackamas, OR 97015
Once your application has been received, you may be contacted for a phone or in-person interview.