Executive Assistant is responsible for providing direct support to the Senior Minister. Serves as a helpful and caring liaison that interfaces with the congregation, leadership, and public while providing a positive image. Indirectly supports other leadership
and committees. Works with all staff to ensure smooth daily operations and a successful ministry. Knowledgeable of church mission, practices and ministries. This full-time position reports to the Senior Minister.
- Serves as gatekeeper to the senior pastor, while ensuring people are helped/served in a friendly and Christ centered manner
- Represents the senior pastor in dealing with members of the congregation, other churches, and the community at large, as required
- Process/intercept emails, phone calls, speaking requests, lunch requests, meeting requests (business and personal), walk-in requests, etc.
- Provides the Senior Minister with updated daily, weekly, monthly and yearly calendars
- Makes appointments for the Senior Minister, while redirecting those appointments that can be appropriately handled by another pastoral staff member
- Enters meetings, conferences, and church-wide activities onto the calendar at the Senior Minister’s request
- Aids in preparation for meetings through the production of documents, handouts, reports, meals, reminders, etc., as requested by the Senior Ministers
- Reviews and/or drafts the senior pastor's correspondence and answers mail and/or composes letters, as directed
- Edit articles, manuscripts, letter, emails and other written material as needed in support of the Senior Minister
- Maintain complete confidentiality, assist as needed in crisis situations, and serve as a helpful and caring assistant to interface with the congregation and the Senior Minister.
- Provides Committee support; specifically, Lay Leadership: Board, Elders, Deacons, Nominating Committee.
- WCC Board staff contact: Assists Board Chair. Attends Board meetings, record minutes, prepares meeting packets.
- Update the database(Realm) with the new leaders, committees, group involving the Senior Minister and Leadership
- Weekly review of people the Senior Pastor needs to call, email, schedule meetings with, thank, or contact.
- Function as coordinator managing logistics for all Sr Minister led events, staff retreats, and other meetings, etc.
- Help coordinate speaking engagement logistics and possible travel arrangements
- Project Tracking: tracking the steps and contacts of the projects in which the Senior Minister is involved and partnering with the him to make sure all commitments are handled in a timely manner.
- Works effectively with office, ministerial and property staff.
- Schedule Child Dedications, prepare certificates and gifts
- Schedule and assist with weddings
- Schedule and assist with funerals
- Columbarium: provide initial information, secure executed documents, niche assignment, markers
- Edits publications; assists with printing/assembly when needed
- Intercept phone calls and redirect to other staff
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Church background
- Flexibility of time; must be available outside of regular office hours.
- Technology experience: Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems.
Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe: Acrobat.
Pluses: Constant Contact or Chimp Mail, Sign-Up Genius, Jotform, church database software, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Proven work experience as a Senior Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant or similar role
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Solid experience with office management systems, ERPs and MS Office
- Experience using office equipment, including printers.
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work