Job Description for Pastor of Adult Discipleship
at North Olmsted Evangelical Friends Church
''It was He who gave . . . some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service,
so that the body of Christ may be built up. "
Principle Function: The Pastor of Adult Discipleship will
love others to life in Jesus Christ by providing leadership to adult ministry designed to win the lost to Christ and followers of Jesus to maturity in Him. An emphasis will be placed on young adults. This is a full-time position with benefits including
pension, health life and disability insurances.
Qualifications: The Pastor of Adult Discipleship will:
- Know Jesus Christ as personal Savior and have a living, dynamic, relational faith that others can easily attest to.
- Demonstrate a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in I Timothy 3.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Bible and a ministry related degree.
- Have a strong sense of calling to ministry, and specifically to the ministry of NOEFC with a willingness to shepherd, counsel, lead, organize and equip the people of the congregation.
- Must be a team player who thrives on interaction and works well with both staff and church members.
- Subscribe to the tenets and doctrinal statement of the Evangelical Friends Church
Faith and Practice with he or she and spouse desiring to join the church as soon as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Pastor of Adult Discipleship will:
- Lead a dynamic and growing adult discipleship ministry where people are challenged to mature in their faith. Current ministries include: Sunday School, Growth Groups, Men and Women’s Bible Studies, Wednesday Night Classes, Young Adults Fellowship, etc.
- Build a team of committed and gifted individuals who are equipped to lead, teach and reproduce themselves expanding opportunities for Kingdom impact.
- Train teachers, group leaders and volunteers to excel in their calling.
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow the church’s impact on younger adults (20’s-30’s).
- Preach and teach in an engaging manner that will demonstrate the authority of God’s Word to shape our lives.
- Seek out new attenders inviting them to be plugged into discipleship opportunities.
- Direct the Welcome to Friends Class (membership class).
- Continuously research and apply ministry best practices.
- Provide reports updating the Senior Pastor and Board of Elders on the status of ministry.
- Work with the entire NOEFC staff and Board of Elders attending necessary meetings.
- Provide pastoral support to the congregation including counseling and visitation.
Other duties may be assigned as needed by the Senior Pastor.
Accountability: The Pastor of Adult Discipleship will be directly responsible to the Senior Pastor who will be the immediate supervisor. They will meet together on a weekly basis. The purpose of such meetings is for evaluation, sharing
of ideas, spiritual renewal, and mutual encouragement and support.