The Choral Ministry Director works alongside the Worship Ministry Team in the planning, coordinating, and executing of excellent, blended, intergenerational, and integrated worship experiences to help fulfill the mission of the Williamsburg Community Chapel
to make disciples.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the rest of the Worship Ministry staff in creating traditional, classical, and contemporary choral music that supports the sermon content and enhances the worship experience at the Chapel
- Leading and directing the choir team and developing leaders within the choir
- Coordinating performance and rehearsal schedules with other Worship Ministry staff, allowing the choir and praise band to worship together
- Participating when needed as a member of the musical team for Sunday morning worship experiences and any special services
- Coordinating and planning for special music with other Worship Ministry staff
- Providing assistance with special events such as weddings and funerals
- Providing leadership and oversight to special choral groups and other traditional music groups at the Chapel
- Making concert recommendations to the Connect Team Leader
- Maintaining the choral sheet music library
You must have a personal faith in Jesus. The successful candidate will have proven experience leading, training, and developing volunteer leaders. The candidate should be able to facilitate the development of voice, group, and choral expertise. Proficiency
in at least one musical instrument (preferably piano) and experience with music arrangement and notation are preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. In addition, computer competency is required; the successful candidate will
have the ability to quickly learn and manage job-specific collaborative computer programs.
A Bachelor's Degree in music or equivalent musical training and five or more years of vocational experience in a professional musical setting, or commensurate experience are required.
This is a full-time position, Sunday, Tuesday-Friday with regular evening and weekend events. Benefits include group health insurance and dental and vision insurance with an employer contribution; employer provided life insurance, short- and long-term disability
insurance; paid sick leave, vacation, inclement weather leave, and holidays; and a 403b plan with employer match.
Please visit http://wcchapel.org/about-us/employment/ to apply for this position.