Position Title: Middle School Director Directly Reports To:
High School Pastor
CrossPoint Community Church is all about Jesus and our transformation to become more like Him. Our calling is to equip and empower our church to Worship like Jesus, Live like Jesus, and to Rescue like Jesus. We are an intergenerational, passionate group
of Christ followers who are committed to making much of God in our lives and community.
The Middle School Director leads the middle school discipleship environments for students in 6th-8th grade. It includes Sunday morning and Wednesday night programming along with summer and winter camps. The Middle School Director is
responsible for ensuring that the students are connecting with one another and building community through a strong, healthy, and growing ministry. This position also includes recruiting, equipping and oversight of volunteers in our Middle School ministry.
The focus of this position is shepherding students and lay-leaders through relationship, which requires the ability to teach while staying teachable. At CrossPoint, we take seriously the character, competency, and chemistry of our staff and the Middle School
Director must continually demonstrate and be growing in these areas of life.
- Building and leading the charge for Middle School Ministry in all environments.
- Leadership and oversight of lay-leaders in Middle School ministry. This includes identifying and recruiting leaders, ongoing development and equipping of those leaders.
- Work in cooperation with the High School ministry and in crafting comprehensive Student Ministry missions and goals.
- Attend and participate in All Staff meetings and other church meetings, as requested.
- Attend and participate as a member of the Shepherding Team; a team responsible for the overall spiritual leadership and direction of the church body.
- We want you to love Jesus more than you love ministry. Our heart is that this would be personally played out in your life through the study of the Word, prayer, and worship. We are committed to shepherding you in this.
- The foundation of who you are is biblical humility; that your character is greater than your gifting and your humility is greater than your influence.
- In your decision-making process, you seek input from others even if you think you know the right outcome and ultimately decide based on your convictions rooted in God’s Word rather than your concerns about how it may affect you.
- Active Owner (formerly referred to as Membership) at CrossPoint Community Church (worship services, tithe, etc.).
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively one-on-one and to mid-sized groups.
- Possess a sense of personal security; that you are satisfied and comfortable in whom you are presently, and actively pursuing who God is transforming you to be.
- Lead and shepherd your spouse and children as God has described in his Word.
- Good testimony in the community.
- In heart and deed, affirm CrossPoint Community Church's statement of faith.
- Committed to the direction (mission, values, and beliefs) of CrossPoint Community Church as discerned by the Lead pastor, Leadership team, and Shepherding team.
- Committed to Jesus and continuous life transformation.
- Proven experience and ability in leading and equipping lay-leaders and volunteers.
- Proven developer of people’s ministry skills and personal character.
- Able to be a team player in environments where staff are valued and productive.
- Experience in leading student ministry environments to health and growth within a large church (800+ in attendance).
- Experience with and passion for developing biblical community within a student ministry context.
- Formal Bible degree preferred but not required
- We commit to coming alongside God in the process that He has begun in you and will be faithful to complete it.
- We commit to making and keeping the environment and culture at CrossPoint Community Church a place that you will thrive in and want to be a part of.
- We commit to loving and honest evaluation for the sake of the church and your personal growth.
- We commit to provide humble leadership for you in ministry as you serve Jesus in His church.
Our prayer as the leadership at CrossPoint:
“Father, always grant us character that is greater than our gifts and humility that is greater than our influence.”
Please email your resume and an introductory cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org