Cornerstone Baptist Church
Ludington, Michigan, United States
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking an energetic, passionate leader who loves Jesus and teens. This leader must have demonstrated effectiveness, fruitfulness, and experience in growing a healthy youth ministry.
- Casting vision to reach the unchurched, the seeker, and those in the church, by leading and administrating weekly services, gatherings, small groups, events, camps and/or retreats.
- Involvement in multiple area schools with new or existing programs, developing relationships with students and staff.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for youth.
- Develop and coach leadership teams, volunteers, small group leaders, in harmony with the church’s discipleship process.
- Be in agreement and harmony with Cornerstone’s 3 Core Values: Love, Equip, Engage, and our 3 Core Commitments: Sunday morning worship, missional life groups, and serving.
- Collaborate with leadership to build and lead a youth ministry between 50-150+ kids.
- Administrate and delegate necessary functions for the overall success of a youth ministry.
- Help to build a successful pipeline between children’s ministry, youth ministry, and young adult ministry.
- Coordinate with the pastoral team and staff for youth involvement in Cornerstone Baptist ministries.
- Work well with parents in the process of building the youth ministry and encouraging godly parenting.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for youth ministry and manage spending within budget.
- Fulfill essential pastoral needs, including but not limited to, weekend pastoral duties, event assignments, hospital visits, weddings, and funerals, etc..
- Adhere to bylaws and employee policies of Cornerstone Baptist Church.
- Vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and a calling to ministry
- Example of godly leadership
- Passion to teach/preach and disciple teens
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Teachable spirit
- Team player & team builder
- Authentic, transparent character
- Attitude of excellence
- Strong work ethic, highly dedicated to ministry
- Computer skills
- Social Media knowledge and ability
Not required but beneficial:
- Video / editing
- Prefer minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in youth ministry groups over 50+
- Prefer the possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies or related field. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
- Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.
- A photograph of you and your spouse
- Your resume with a cover letter, explaining your interest and reasons for applying for this specific position
- At least 3 references, one of which would be someone who holds a pastoral position
- A link to a current (within 6 months) podcast or other video/audio footage of you teaching and interacting with teenagers