We are seeking the Lord to direct us to a man to fulfill the new role of Director of Youth and Music. This role could possibly grow into or be a pastoral role depending on experience and credentialing of the candidate. We are seeking an individual who loves
Jesus and His church. The ideal candidate will also have experience leading a congregation or group in worship through music and who loves youth helping them grow as disciples of Jesus. There will also be opportunities to preach and grow in other pastoral
duties as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Solid Christian character (1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1)
- A man of prayer
- A student of the Scriptures
- Affirms the Converge Statement of faith and Faith’s mission
- A disciple with a track record of making disciples
- Faithful, available, and teachable
- Ability to lead worship through music to a multi-generational congregation
- Have a deep love and burden for youth (focused on grades 6-12)
- College education with formal theological training preferred.
- In cooperation with the Senior Pastor, plan and implement Sunday morning services and special services, with a focus on gospel-centered liturgy and music
- Recruit, train, schedule, and lead each volunteer on the music team
- Recruit, train, schedule, and lead each volunteer on the tech team
- Plan teaching and gatherings weekly for the youth with a focus on teaching Scripture that you study.
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers for the youth ministry
- Meet with the Senior Pastor weekly
- Be available to preach and execute other pastoral duties as directed by the Senior Pastor
- Be part of growing community in the life of FBC among all generations
- Oversee and stay within the budget for areas of your responsibility
- Full-time position with compensation and benefits commensurate with education and experience
- Vacation – 2-3 weeks paid per year
Please fill out our initial questionnaire ( https://goo.gl/forms/ThJE4so2kmO2fGu23 ) and email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com