Job Description: Children’s Ministry Director
Nursery thru 5th Grade
Leading children into a dynamic relationship with Christ and equipping them to serve.
The primary responsibilities for the Children’s Ministry Director are to create an environment (primarily on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights) where Kids grow closer to Jesus Christ.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Hours: Full-time Salaried position
Compensation: Negotiable with experience
Kids Connection (Sunday Mornings year-round) and Anchored/ Lighthouse (Wednesday Nights through school year)
- Create/organize curriculum for large-group as well as small groups.
- Create/worship experience.
- Create/organize occasional service projects.
- Teach large group and recruit and equip volunteers to teach large group.
- Lead volunteer teams to minister as well through excellent planning, communication, training and vision casting.
- Fill absentee volunteer positions through recruitment, background checks, assigning roles, training, creating nametags, etc.
- Support and equip volunteers by providing encouragement, resources, feedback, and demonstrations of appreciation.
- Continually asses needs and flow of all points of Children’s Ministry contact and make adjustments where appropriate to best serve congregation.
- Oversee set up and tear down, and recruit volunteers to help.
- Check and promptly respond to emails, voicemails, and mail received.
- Ensure thorough and efficient communication with parents regarding updates, and curriculum details, via newsletters, emails and flyers, and social media.
- Maintain current records and databases for volunteer contact information, applications, and
- Purchase and prepare supplies for ministry events.
- Create and maintain a file for events with event information, a detailed timeline, notes suggesting enhancements and things that went well so that the event can be easily planned again, changed, or duplicated for the next year.
- Create and maintain a Children’s Ministries Manual with policies and procedures; update as needed.
- Purchase any ministry and office supplies as needed.
- Oversee budget, recording expenditures.
- Assist in renting the high school, and other administrative tasks as requested by the Senior pastor.
- Coordinate nursery volunteers and supplies
- Plan and lead a day camp in the summer
- Plan and organize a service event quarterly
- Find volunteers to lead fun outreach playgroup events where our families can come and invite their friends
- Hold practices for Christmas Program
- Hold classes to explain Child Dedication and its purposes
- Build relationships with parents/families
- Hold classes/seminars to equip parents to disciple their children
Skills + Characteristics Required
Strong Organizational and Leadership skills
A Proven Passion for Children’s Ministry