PLEASE APPLY HERE --> bit.ly/2nWf5Wg
Denomination: Southern Baptist Convention, Purpose Driven Church Network
Location: Las Cruces, NM
About the Organization:
Mesilla Park Community Church is a body of believers who – as they say – passionate about being real. They know that most people have been a part of churches where people are anything but genuine, and they're committed to breaking free from this. They fervently
believe that keeping up appearances and hiding behind masks to keep others from seeing the struggle and doubt that lies beneath only prevents a person from real growth and change. They strive to teach that real faith is not something that is left at the door
of the church, it is lived out every day in every area of life. Acknowledging that they are a church that is very much a work in progress, they deeply desire to get beyond the appearances and get real instead, learning to live out their faith authentically
week after week, every day.
About the Position:
The role of the Executive Pastor (XP) at Mesilla Park Community Church is to assist the Senior Pastor in overseeing the life and direction of the church. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Mesilla Park Community Church,
as well as the ability to align staff and critical leadership teams with its mission. The XP will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation alongside the SP and board. The XP will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly
and effectively support its ministry activities. This position will combine Operations and Ministry to work together – the ideal candidate for this job will understand and be able to handle the everyday details while working towards overall discipleship goals.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Executive Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate will likely have a proven track record of success in a role of this type in ministry or the business world. If they have experience in the business world, they will ideally understand ministry as well. They will be an excellent communicator
with proven experience in leadership, communication, and administration.
The ideal candidate for the role of Executive Pastor at Mesilla Park Community Church will:
- Love people.
- Be someone who appreciates working with a Senior Pastor and staff with a great sense of humor.
- Be transparent and agile.
- Be someone who can step into conversations and encourage, motivate, and inspire.
- Be someone with the gift of administration who also knows how to use that skill practically in the implementation of ideas.
- Contagious love for Christ, His church, and His word.
- Be a builder, creatively driven, and both missionally and administratively minded.
- Be committed to excellence and best practices in business.
- Be a high-octane proven performer who wants to kick a dent in eternity
- Be a confident leader who also carries a dose of humility and authenticity
- Be entrepreneurial and progress-oriented.
- Be someone who is just as excited on Sunday nights to start leading Monday morning as the Senior Pastor is excited on Saturday nights to preach on Sunday morning.
- Be highly disciplined with a strong work ethic and thick skin.
- Be a self-starter and result-oriented contributor.
- Exemplify a strong commitment to family values.
- Be a leader who can gather people around a vision to build a ministry.
- Have a genuine love for Christ and a regular prayer/devotional life.
- Commit to continual growth in personal, spiritual, and emotional maturity.
- Have an attitude of love and grace towards people.
- Strive to have a life and heart that is congruent with the mission, vision, and values of Mesilla Park Church.
- Have strong relational and team building skills, particularly as it pertains to members of the staff management team and staff of Mesilla Park Community Church.
- Commit to using wisdom and discernment before making decisions.
- Do hard things first and take the time to follow up.
- Have a natural sense of what to do in ministry and know why they do it.
About the Location:
Las Cruces is a high desert city on the southern edge of the New Mexico in the beautiful Mesilla Valley. It has a population of about 98,000 people, making it the second largest city in the state.
It is the economic and geographic center of the southern New Mexico. Primary economic engines are agriculture, education, White Sands missile range and NASA.
The interactive New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum feature livestock and gardens. On the Rio Grande, Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park has trails and birdlife. The Museum of Nature and Science includes desert animals and hands-on displays. In an old
depot, the Railroad Museum has model trains and explores the local impact of railways.
Las Cruces also is home to New Mexico State University, New Mexico’s only land grant university and rated a top tier University by Forbes magazine and U.S. News.
It is a city ideally located close to water and snow skiing, hiking trails, rock climbing, beautiful White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns National Parks. Large metropolitan cities are close by. El Paso, Texas is less than a 30 minute drive, with Albuquerque,
New Mexico and Tucson Arizona 3 and 4 hours, respectively. Las Cruces has also been named on several "best of" lists, including AARP's "Dream Towns" To Retire, Best College Towns to Retire by Money Magazine, Best Small Metro Area for Business and Careers by
the Forbes/Milken Institute four years in a row and a Best Place to Live by Family Digest.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> bit.ly/2nWf5Wg