Grace Avenue United Methodist Church in Frisco, Texas is currently seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry to for children birth through 5th grade. Grace Avenue United Methodist Church is a 2500-member suburban church in the North
Texas Conference. Our Children’s Ministry serves a fast growing and family-oriented community. The Mission of Grace Avenue United Methodist Church is to eradicate homelessness in whatever form it presents itself. We believe that everyone needs a spiritual,
emotional, and physical home. Grace Avenue United UMC is seeking a person who can live into this mission and is deeply committed to the ministry of making disciples and making a difference in the lives of children through Jesus Christ.
The purpose of this position is to enable a community of love that:
- Nurtures children from birth.
- Fully integrates children into the family of God at Grace Avenue United Methodist Church.
- Instills a sense of place and belonging (an extension of home).
- Confirms their identity as the beloved children of God.
- Fosters spiritual development through education, worship, service, and mission.
- Supports parents and families through the joys and challenges of parenting children.
- A degree in Christian Education, Education or related field familiar with children and their development and needs as well as 2-4 years of experience leading a church-based children’s ministry program.
- Spiritual Maturity
- Experience with leading children birth – 5th grade.
- Experience communicating with parents of children
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and flexible team approach while working with children, parents, volunteers, and staff members.
- Familiarity with the theology, traditions, and polity (organization) of the United Methodist church
Working Hours: 40 hours per week including Sundays, emphasis is placed on meeting the responsibilities assigned to the position and sometimes additional hours are needed to achieve objectives.
Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Reports to: Minister of Discipleship and Staff Parrish Relations