Grace Point Church in Lewis Center, Ohio, has an established children’s ministry. We are looking for a new children’s director who will help us strengthen and expand the ministry in one of the fastest growing communities in Ohio. The position comes
with administrative support and many excited volunteers.
- Create a safe, fun, positive, nurturing and age-appropriate learning environment for every child from 1st through 5th grade.
- Lead the children’s ministry leaders and volunteers including regular meetings, appropriate training and personal touches.
- Develop meaningful, caring relationships with the children.
- Directly oversee the the Sunday morning programming and volunteers.
- Serve as a resource for parents in the ongoing task of raising children to know and serve the Lord.
- Work with other church staff members and volunteers to create and execute regular family events.
- Shepherd the children’s ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Attend church staff meetings and attend meetings with the elders as requested.
- Work with ministry leadership to:
- recruit leaders and volunteers in the children’s ministry to include Sunday morning services and other ministries as they are identified and developed.
- set policies and procedures for the children’s ministry
- help facilitate the safety process (applications, background checks, etc.) for the recruitment of leaders and volunteers
- develop an annual budget and manage funds for the fiscal year.
- Pursue continuing education appropriate to the position, experience level, and changing children’s ministry landscape.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Full-time salaried position.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Character and competency qualifications for church leaders found in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5
- A strong personal relationship with Christ and reliance on the leadership of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in their life.
- Commitment to GPCC vision, values, beliefs and philosophy of ministry (Cross of Kingdom Living)
- Commitment to active membership at GPCC.
- Commitment to working together as a team with the other GPCC ministries.
- Committed to a long term plan for the elementary ministry, not just a semester at a time.
- Understand kid’s learning - how to prepare a lesson, small group, study, etc.
- Engaging/dynamic/outgoing personality
- Kind, shepherd’s heart
- Childlike - a sense of wonder
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Comfortable with and sensitive to children with special needs
- Good communicator with volunteers, parents and kids
- Commitment to regular collaboration with preschool and youth directors
- Willing and able to evaluate and redesign the Sunday morning experience from top-to-bottom
- Comfortable and competent with technology such as computers, smart phones, social media, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with elementary ministry, preferably in a mid-sized church setting
- Experience in recruiting, motivating and managing volunteers
What do we want from applicants?
- A PDF version of your resume, with a cover letter, explaining your interest and reasons for applying for this specific position
- At least 3 references, one of which would be someone who holds a pastoral position
- A link to a current (within 6 months) podcast or other video/audio footage of you teaching and interacting with elementary kids (if available)
- A separate document in which you answer the following questions:
- Which 3 nationally known pastors/theologians influence you most and why?
- What 4 things do you want to instill in every child who comes through your ministry?
- Why are you leaving your current position?
- Why would you like to join the Grace Point team?
- Why should yours be the only resume we look at? What sets you apart?
- Which of the current curriculum choices do you consider to be best and why?
Please send all requested items to email@example.com