Principle Function: Coordinate worship ministries for all elements of Christ United’s traditional worship service. Lead the traditional service choir in worship.
Responsible for: Coordinate teams that will facilitate worship elements and music for regular traditional worship services, as well as assist in the music for special events such as, healing and new member services when
Report to: Executive Administrator
- Provide vision and direction for all traditional worship ministries within the church.
- Lead worship within the context of the traditional service.
- Recruit, build, lead, equip and encourage members of the traditional choir.
- Oversee the planning and execution of traditional Sunday morning worship.
- Partner with related ministries to achieve the planned vision for each Sunday morning service including altar guild, ushers, communion stewards, and the tech team.
- Work with other leaders to develop teams that lead in worship for services outside of the Sunday morning context when needed.
- Meet with accompanist and featured instrumentals to determine selection and confirmation of music selections.
- Dedicate a good portion of prayer time every week to seek God’s direction for service elements.
- Attend various meetings that may be requested of this position. However, with this being a part time position, it may not be reasonably possible to always attend.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Possess a heart for Christ
- Have a good understanding of biblical worship
- Be well schooled in knowledge of music and music theory and have appreciation for various kinds of music from gospel and hymns to contemporary
- Be able to sing well and teach others the same
- Facilitate effective choir rehearsals with experience in conducting church choirs
- Know how to recruit and build a competent choir
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to partner with other ministries
- Work effectively with various individuals and personality types
- Effectively multi-task and delegate
- Prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess a high level of personal accountability and be willing to grow in this position.
Spiritual Gifts required:
Credentials and experience required:
- National or denominational accreditation is not required.
- Experience with conducting several different styles of worship services and music styles.
- Experience building teams and a proven track record in good relational skills.
- Experience nurturing musicians into a place of worship and excellence over performance.
Required hours: The position is part time 6 hours per week
Staff Liaison for which volunteer groups? Traditional Service Choir
Work outside the church or from home? None required