Job Description: Team Pastor - RealYouth
Provides leadership and personal oversight to all areas regarding 6th - 12th grade students, including but not limited to services, small groups, activities, & community involvement. Works closely with Executive Pastor to maintain a working budget. Works
closely with Kids Pastor to nurture smooth ministry transition relationally and programmatically. Provides overall pastoral support to the church as needs arise.
Purpose of the Job:
To serve the vision of Realife Church by way of student life, development, and pastoral care.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
• Minimum of 2+ years of hands on student ministry experience. (Can include volunteer, internships, etc.)
• Effective pastoral leadership.
• Consistent involvement with the pastoral needs of students.
• Team building and leadership development.
• Ability to communicate vision.
• Student ministry health assessment, analysis, and restructuring.
• Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, & presentation software. Must be willing to learn new programs as needed.
• Leadership and administrative experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Develop message content based off of the topic of choice to share at RealYouth.
• Creating a service environment within RealYouth that connects students to Growth Track & Dream Team.
• Cultivate a youth culture of worship, prayer, small groups, leadership, & FUN
• Build teams that involve students and empower them as leaders.
• Strategically promoting RealYouth within the church using mediums such as Weekend Services, First Wednesday, and Team Nights.
• Actively participating in social media on a regular basis for students & parents to stay connected to student services.
• Actively cultivate relationships with local schools, administrators, coaches, & teachers.
• Actively following up with every student that fills out a connection card from a RealYouth.
• Relationally serve student’s pastoral care needs and create personal growth plans for students to receive and or experience healing, restoration, deliverance, freedom, and the process of redemption.
• Develop regular opportunities for events such as camps, conferences, missions trips, etc. that cultivate both healthy relationships and spiritual growth.
• Work to connect outgoing students to ministry at the college level
• Create a culture of generosity and a heart for global missions
• Mediate all RealYouth events, services, and ministries to become opportunities for leadership and growth within the church.
• Work closely with the RealKids Pastor to create programs and plans for student transition into RealYouth.
• Maintain and work within the assigned budget.
• Intentionally build relationships with like-minded churches
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Availability for all weekend services to connect with new families, serve as a commenter, or perform any other duties as needed.
• Serve as a part of the message series planning team, offering creative ideas & content & preaching when asked.
• Provide leadership for assigned tasks related to church-wide events & activities.
• Available to perform pastoral care duties outside of RealYouth including but not limited to hospital visits, funerals, weddings, and spiritual counsel.
• Possess a team spirit and attitude of servant leadership, willingly taking on tasks as needs arise in the day to day functions of growing church life.