To prepare God’s people for works of service so that the body of Christ may be built up (Ephesians 4:12), with emphasis in planning, coordinating, directing, leading weekly children’s ministry. The Children’s Ministry Director will oversee the life and
direction of the elementary ministry operations, teaching and volunteer care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and maintain excellent elementary ministry operations, including Sunday mornings, mid-week programs and special events/ projects.
- Develops weekly thematic plans and selects appropriate focus and activities for children and students (birth through 5th grade) with participatory emphasis
- Communicates plans to staff, volunteer teams and church in a timely manner
- Supervises and facilitates children’s activities: games, small groups, spiritual formation
- Recruits and trains volunteers to assistant with children’s activities
- Schedules and directs special events, i.e., Day Camp, Vacation Bible School, family game nights, movie night, Christmas Kids Wrap-Up
- Facilitates student recruitment and markets community outreach
- Participates in staff and ministry leadership meetings
- Manages and structures budget in collaboration with Christian Education Committee and/or Session
- Supervises hourly childcare employs including Nursery Workers and the Children’s Ministry Assistant.
- Maintain professional standards and attends job appropriate professional development with approval of Session, Christian Education or the Finance Administration and Planning Committees
- Performs other duties as assigned by Pastor, Associate Pastor and/or Finance, Administration and Planning Committee
Required Personal Attributes:
Applicant possesses physical, mental, interpersonal and creative qualities that enable him/her to effectively execute all duties that are typically encountered and reasonably expected while serving in the role of children’s ministry leader.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience leading
- Ability to lead and mentor volunteer team(s) that will be proficient in
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Possess positive attitude and ability to motivate and praise others
- Strong Christian commitment to serving as a disciple of Christ (highly desirable)
Market pay based on qualifications and experience.