PLEASE APPLY HERE --> bit.ly/2EuMDEh
Denomination: Brethren in Christ (BIC)
Location: Lancaster, PA
About the Organization:
Pequea Church started in the late 1800’s as a Brethren in Christ Church. During the 1920’s to 1940’s, the church had become stagnant and isolated from the world.
In the mid 1950’s, a change in culture took place that transformed the church. A desire to reach the community produced growth in the church that led to building the present-day auditorium in 1974. This addition more than tripled the space of the church,
which led to a flourishing of both the children’s and youth ministries.
In 2000, the worship service relocated to Marticville Middle School for eight months while the old meetinghouse of the church was torn down to make room for the present facility. Jerry Clonch became Pequea’s Lead Pastor 18 months ago, and the church has
grown and continues to flourish under his leadership.
Pequea Church is excited to see how God continues to move in the church as they seek a new Worship Director to add to their team to lead the congregation, members and visitors to a deeper relationship with Jesus and worshipful connection as they see how
He is working in and through them.
About the Position:
The Worship Director will serve in the Worship Ministry and will have these main functions:
- Plan and lead contemporary worship services at Pequea Church each Sunday, both musically and pastorally, as well as in a technical function.
- Oversee and support all media for corporate worship experiences, special events, and other ministry areas.
- Care for the congregation as needs arise.
The next Worship Director will be a mature Christian who has displayed a love for the Lord and a desire to serve His church. This person must be a skilled musician and talented vocalist with demonstrated leadership ability for the purpose of leading the
congregation in worship, both musically and pastorally. This individual will be equipped with leadership/planning/organizational skills and audio-visual knowledge.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Worship Director:
A bachelor’s degree in a related field, music or ministry, is preferred but not required.
5 or more years of ministry experience leading worship and a track record of long term success.
- Possess a strong “learner” mentality, with humility and teachability as key attributes.
- Ability to lead worship for inter-generational audiences of all ages.
- Effectively relate to all demographics represented within Pequea Church.
- Proactive planning and attention given to both worship & tech ministries.
- Capability of entering and contributing to a highly motivated, cohesive, and driven staff team.
- A history of effective budget management and stewardship.
- An authentic and demonstrated faith that informs every area of his or her life.
- Exudes energy during worship services
- A person with strong ethical integrity.
- An ability to appreciate the history of Pequea Church and someone who will respect, champion, and build on the heritage of the church.
- Compassionate in one-on-one conversations.
- If applicable, committed to his or her spouse and children and models a loving family.
- If applicable, his or her spouse is supportive of the ministry and engaged in the life of the church.
- Strong work ethic, a self-starter.
- Ability to recruit, train, and inspire potential leaders.
- Can build on the tremendous foundation that is in place, but has an inclination toward growth.
- Agrees and commits to the mission, doctrinal statement, and government of Pequea Church without reservation.
- A chemistry and theology that “fits” with that of Pequea Church.
- Extremely flexible with an ability to fill in where needed.
About the Location:
Historic Lancaster County’s first cities and towns were founded in the early 1700’s. So, for over 200 years since its establishment, it has been described as an area of small and tranquil farming communities with a vibrant city center. The topography and
proximity to suitable farmland and transportation helped to stimulate a stable rural economy at the edge of the City of Lancaster. The character of the communities has changed gradually over the last five or six decades from its original rural farming to include
rapidly growing suburban “bedroom” communities for Lancaster City and nearby Harrisburg, the state capital.
The convenient access to the major cities adds to the desirability of living in Lancaster County. Visits to New York City (2.5 hours), Philadelphia (1 hour) and Washington DC (2 hours) are all within a short drive or train ride.
Lancaster County has had a long history of population growth, with a current population of about 59,322 people. Convenient access to the City of Lancaster and surrounding communities has added to the desirability of living in Lancaster County, which has
also contributed to the growth and trends for residential and non-residential patterns of development.
Intermingled with small streams and wooded corridors, Pequea Township continues to look for ways to manage its rapidly developing areas, while preserving some of the rural character that makes the community unique.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> bit.ly/2EuMDEh