Job Summary: The Children’s Ministry Director will oversee the Children’s Ministry Program, Birth through 5th grade, at the Cordova Campus of Advent Presbyterian Church.
Roles and Responsibilities
60% of the position will be dedicated to the oversight of the Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Children’s programming. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer training and equipping, and any oversite of staff. The Children’s Ministry Director will
work in unison with several staff members on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. A team-player approach is vital for this part of the position.
20% of the position will be dedicated to the annual Summer Vacation Bible School program at Advent Cordova. The Children’s Ministry Director will work with a lay volunteer leadership team for the planning and implementation of VBS.
20% of the position will be dedicated to leading an array of non-Wednesday and non-Sunday Children’s events that help nourish the Children’s Ministry.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 3-5 years of prior church staff experience
- Previous Children’s Ministry Program leadership experience
- Vacation Bible School leadership experience
- Collaboration gifting
- Self-starting capability
- Reformed theology (especially regarding Infant Baptism and Confirmation)
- Christian Education degree (Desired; not necessarily Required)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Management of Paid and/or Volunteer staff
Please send a Resume, References, a brief bio, and a short Philosophy of Ministry to:
Email- Pastor Joe Skillen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail- Advent Presbyterian Church | c/o Children's Ministry Director Search | 1879 N. Germantown Pkwy | Cordova, TN 38016