PALMA SOLA PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
6510 3rd Avenue West Bradenton FL. 34209
Church Office: 941-792-3141 Website: pspchurch.org/resources/employment
Fax: 941-794-6545 E-mail: email@example.com
MUSIC WORSHIP POSITION OPENING
PSPC is seeking to hire a part time Accompanist. The time commitment for the Accompanist would be approximately 6-8 hours per week and the salary is negotiable (based on experience and skills). There are no benefits provided for this position. Our music
worship team currently consists of a Praise Band leader, one accompanist, and a small choir. Our congregation desires a quality worship service that is vibrant, joyful, reverent and fresh. We would like our music team to be creative in its efforts to combine
both contemporary and traditional approaches so as to enhance our overall worship experience.
Number of Members: 182
Average Worship Attendance: 115
Organ: Rodgers 940 (1992)
Instruments: Organ, Piano, Handbells, Harpsichord
Contact Person: Pastor, India Dennis
Send resume to church e-mail or street address
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in music or comparable experience.
- Keyboard skills: Piano and organ performance and accompaniment ability. Other keyboards such as harpsichord and electronic keyboard would also be helpful.
- Adequate knowledge of Presbyterian worship traditions, or willingness to learn about these topics.
- Appreciation for and ability to play traditional worship music,
as well as openness to contemporary Christian music.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with church and worship leadership, church staff, choir and congregation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Plan music for worship:
- The Organist/Pianist will play the hymns selected by Pastor in consultation with the Choir Director and the choral pieces selected by the Choir Director in consultation with the pastor, as well as coordinate with Praise Band Director as needed.
- The Organist/Pianist will select the music for the Prelude, Postlude and Offertory, when the offertory is not a choral anthem, in consultation with the Pastor and Choir Director based on theme provided by the Pastor.
II. Coordinate with Choir Director:
- In selection of music (as per above)
- To meet for rehearsal with choir, guest soloists, guest musicians, etc., as needed or requested by the Choir Director.
- Plan/prepare for special worship services, events or larger musical works (i.e. Lenten/Christmas cantatas) in consultation with the Choir Director.
III. Meet needs of job - including:
- Practice Organ/Piano (hymns, service music, prelude/postlude, anthems and registration).
- Play organ, piano (and/or harpsichord, other instrument, if able) for weeknight choir rehearsal, Sunday pre-service choir rehearsal, blended worship on Sunday mornings and special seasonal services (such as Christmas, Easter, Holy Week). Accompany the
choir and guest musicians as needed. Provide a suitable substitute when unavailable and notify Pastor and Choir Director of substitute’s name and contact information one week ahead.
- Exhibit behaviors that model proper Christian behavior in church and the community.
- Meet with Worship & Fellowship Team, Pastor and/or Choir Director upon request.
- Provide appropriate music (organ or piano) for weddings and memorial services (to be compensated by the individual or group requesting the service). If unavailable, to recommend a suitable substitute.