Lead Student Pastor
The Lead Student Pastor reports to the Disciple-Making Pastor.
The Lead Student Pastor is the direct supervisor of the Student Campus Missionary, the Student Ministry Assistant, and the student Ministry Intern.
The Lead Student Pastor is responsible for introducing young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them in serving Christ with their life. Of equal importance is to assist parents or guardians in raising their teenagers to a wholesome
maturity in their walk with Christ.
(a) The pastor is to be a servant leader. (Mark 10:42-45)
(b) The main task of the pastor is to equip the saints for the work of ministry. (Ephesians, 4:11-12)
(c) The character of the pastor is outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. The one skill demanded is to be “able to teach.”
-Plan and administer a comprehensive student ministry program, including such events as Bible study groups, outreach contacts, retreats, camps, banquets, mission opportunities, fellowships and recreational events.
-Plan, coordinate and conduct programs to carry out the vision of the church through student activities, primarily working with the ministerial staff, Adult Leadership Team, the Student Leadership Team, and parents of students.
-Work with student and adult leadership teams in planning and carrying out activities.
-Enlist, train and work with adult leadership teams.
-Oversee, equip and prepare student interns with Ministry responsibilities.
-Counsel with students, parents and leaders as needs arise. Should there be an unresolved problem concerning any student, advise the ministry supervisor (Disciple-Making Pastor) and the Lead Pastor immediately, with complete information concerning the problem.
-Locate, enlist, and train volunteers to assist in special activities. Enlist an adequate numbers of volunteers to ensure high quality programs and a high level of supervision.
-Work with the ministerial staff in formulating student ministry activities in coordination with the broader calendar of all church activities.
-Study for self improvement, and continue to keep abreast of new materials and resources to enhance the student ministry.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs in cooperation with the Administrative Pastor. Maintain an inventory of assigned equipment.
- Prepare an annual proposed student budget for the Finance Committee and once approved, work within that budget.
- Keep accurate records for the administration and expenses of the student ministry.
-Plan and participate in regular outreach program.
-Perform other duties as directed by the Disciple-Making Pastor or the Lead Pastor.
- Must fully support our church's doctrinal statement “Baptist Faith and Message 2000” and our “Membership Covenant”
- Seminary degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years experience leading a large youth group (75+ students) strongly preferred. Such experience shoudl include:
- Leading 3+ mission trips (including international trips)
- Taking 75+ students to youth camps
- Managing and encouraging a large team of adult leaders
- Seasoned, experienced, with active student group
- Experience nurturing an effective and engaged Student Leadership Team
- Must be relational with students, adult leaders and parents
- Humble confidence
- Demonstrated experience of supervising paid staff
- Effective and open communicator
- Proactively follows-up with new believers
- Heart for discipleship, as this is a core value of our church
- Skill in administration
- Effective in strategic planning and budgeting for overall ministry
- Ability to hold people accountable, can remove people in leadership if need be
- Strong in apologetics and teaching
- Instills courage
- Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel of Christ