IT Help Desk Manager
First Baptist Church of Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Fl., United States
TITLE: Network Administrator
POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME - EXEMPT– Manager level
COMPENSATION: Salary plus FT Benefits
REPORTS TO: Executive Business Administrator
To perform support/resolution/escalation of IT and Network Administration issues and to further ministry by creating plans for improving our systems and keeping them running at their best, all while delivering fast and friendly support to all our Staff.
In this role, they would also be expected to be the “super-user” for key church software, and train users on that software.
Including but not limited to:
- Assist staff with computer needs and issues.
- Become proficient in use of key church software packages so that they can assist staff with software issues and train users as needed.
- Assist with software reviews, software design and implementation.
- Assist with church networking infrastructure design and maintenance
- Be available by cell phone outside regular office hours
Team Member Contributions
Actively contributes to the improvement of the ministry of the church and provides prayerful support.
- Teamwork: Functions well with co-workers, treating them with honor and grace.
- Spiritual Encouragement: Encourages spiritual focus and commitment by modeling the Core Values of FBC-JAX
- Improvement of Ministry Operations: Contributes toward the improvement of the ministry as a whole.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Commitment to the Core Values of FBC-JAX
- Servant’s heart and commitment to excellence
- Advanced computer knowledge relating to hardware and software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and with anti-virus products and procedures
- Network architecture & help desk skills
- Cabling experience. Cabling certification desired but not required
- Must haves: knowledge and extensive hands-on experience in the following areas and technologies:
- Apple OS X 10.6+
- Cisco Network Switches (3524, 3560, 3750X, 2960X, 4506E, SG300)
- Cisco IP/Telephony Routers (2800, 2900 series)
- Cisco Unified CallManager (10.x, 11.x)
- Cisco IP Telephones (7900, 8800 series)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Microsoft Windows, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Microsoft Active Directory
- LAN switching, Spanning Tree protocol, VLANs.
- Desired certifications/skills:
- Cisco CCNA
- Clear understanding of network monitoring systems
- Operational experience with Radius authentication systems.