- Working closely with the lead pastor in planning worship services and growing our worship across our multiple campuses.
- Provide musical and spiritual leadership for both our lay worship leaders and teams at our GraceSLO Campus and Worship Pastors/Directors across our multiple campuses.
- Provide leadership and spiritual leadership to non-musical teams under the umbrella of worship, such as tech team, usher team, and Baptism/Communion team.
- Research, evaluate and select music and other materials that are Gospel-centered, theologically sound to advance and enhance worship.
- Plan programs, concerts and arts events that minister to the church family, taking into consideration the multi-generational blend of Grace Central Coast.
- Work with Ministry Staff on all-church events, such as Fall Kick-Off and other special events that may arise through the year.
- Serve as Pastor of the Week when scheduled, providing pastoral care to members of the church family, as well as handling community care issues when they arise.
- Recruit, nurture, train, lead and support those who lead various teams across the area of worship, such as worship leads and teams, usher team, tech team, Scripture reader team, baptism/communion team.
- Planning and calendaring rehearsals and groups (e.g. worship teams, orchestra, choir, solos, ensembles); scheduling planning sessions with tech team, usher team baptism/communion team; and educational workshops to strengthen specific skills and stimulate
- Develop, lead, administrate, promote, and evaluate special programs and concerts.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Planning Center Suite of Services, ProPresenter, etc.
- Works with Lead Pastor and the Pastor of Worship in developing an annual budget for Worship that reflects the broad priorities of Grace.
- Fiscally responsible for spending within approved Worship Ministry budget.
- Responsible for proper allocation of funds.
- Oversees staff and volunteers regarding protocols of expenditures.