Great things are happening in Williston, North Dakota. We are excited to add an energetic and passionate Children’s Pastor to our TEAM. Someone to love on our families and lead them closer to Jesus. New Hope Church is growing and seeing younger families
coming into attendance and look forward to finding the Children's Pastor who will take this ministry to the next level. Please find the information below, we look forward to beginning this journey with you.
SUMMARY: The Children’s Pastor shall have the responsibility for the development, promotion, and coordination of all ministries at New Hope Church focusing on Children (ages 0 through 5th grade) and their families. This includes weekly celebration services,
family events, and partnership with parents. The children’s pastor will lead the ministry volunteers and serve as a member of the family ministry staff team.
Specific Qualifications and Expectations
1. A passion and calling for discipling families of children
2. An ability to create a vision for the ministry to children that supports the overall family ministry vision
3. An ability to recruit, equip, and lead ministry leaders and team members for multiple areas of ministry
4. A self-starter and initiator of assigned tasks, someone who goes beyond minimum expectations
5. A heart for pastoral care for ministry leaders, volunteers, and families with children
• Design, develop and implement a child-relevant Sunday Morning/Wednesday Evening ministry for Children (ages 0-5th grade) that creates an excitement and infectious enthusiasm as it introduces them to the basics of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Cast vision for a children’s ministry that reflects the Orange philosophy of a partnership between the parents and the church
• Recruit, equip, and lead volunteer teams and ministry leaders
• Confidentiality and discretion with finances, counseling information and staffing
• Collaborate with the New Hope staff to plan and implement relevant outreach events for families with children
• Provide shepherding and Pastoral Care for the children’s ministry team
• To serve as a part of the pastoral ministry team by providing pastoral care and ministry to those in need or facing difficult circumstances
• To participate as a member of the New Hope Staff Team through regular staff meetings and healthy communication
• To support the church wide strategy of GO GROW GIVE through leadership participation
• Design, develop and implement events (Child dedication, VBS, Etc.) for the purpose of creating strong families both within the church body and the community
• Step into other duties as needed and assigned by leadership
• Have fun, work as a team and enjoy the journey!
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university (preferably in children and family ministry or education) or a minimum of three years of related experience/training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Competitive salary based on individual talent, education, and experience. Benefits package.
Reports To: Family Ministry Pastor
New Hope Human Resources
New Hope Church
721 26th St W
Williston, ND 58801