POSITION TITLE: VIDEO EDITOR/STORYTELLER
REPORTS TO: COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR (CD)
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Video Editor/Storyteller plans, directs, shoots and edits weekly video content for weekend services, ministries, and special events. They will produce videos that highlight the story, mission, and purpose of HHBC and communicate the value of the ministry and
the Gospel to its members, the community, and the world. They will also produce content for the TV program and social media, as well as other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Communications Director.
- Provide high-quality video and audio productions for HHBC.
- Provide pre-production planning and digital image acquisition and editing as well as maintaining production equipment.
- Produce video and multimedia projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for initial concept through scripting, shooting, editing and delivering the final product through broadcast quality media, web based media or a variety of video formats.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of communications
- Able to troubleshoot issues while in the field or in the editing process.
- Create weekly broadcast show from previous week’s sermon.
- Create captions from rendered audio files and embed in broadcast
- Upload to TV station via FTP
- Create weekly announcement video; including scripting, sending out of voice-over or recording, videoing and render for services
- Create weekly podcast from sermon for upload to website, vimeo and social media
- Shoot, edit and render videos for monthly updates with students and kids.
- Shoot, edit and render videos for various other media
- Partner with other ministries to create testimonies or life change stories
- Work with team to develop commercials for HHBC
- Connect with ministries on a personal face-to-face and regular basis to understand their ministries needs and wants.
- Fully complete Communication Request Process
- Adapt written text to match the medium through which it is being communicated. Communicate clearly and effectively using the written word.
- Ability to communicate with communications team on project details
- Follow thru on project to completion
- Ensure adherence to HHBC Communications guidelines
• Degree in film or media related field; or at least 2-4 years experience in video production.
• Experience and training in studio and field production including lighting, audio and camera work.
• Experience and training in post-production work including non-linear editing, compositing, and motion graphic design.
• Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end (concept to production to final edit).
• Organized and able to effectively manage time and multiple projects.
• Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in video production, graphic design and storytelling.
• Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
• Effective visual, written and oral communicator
• Can work in an environment that doesn’t require micro-managing.
• Manages time and resources well.
• Contribute to effective teamwork
• Demonstrate reasonable tolerance for stress
• Demonstrate problem identification, analysis, and solving
• Encourage and model the value of team among staff and the Communications Team
• Promote and model the value of collaboration
• A storyteller
• Organized and detailed.
• Fast worker.
• Self-starter & flexible to change as needed.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC and Photoshop CC).
• Loves Jesus. Loves People. Loves the local church.
To apply, please answer the following questions and submit with your resume and video reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Why do you create?
2. What is your approach to video production?
3. Describe your view on the usage of Creative Arts in the church.
4. In what unique way(s) does the medium of video help communicate the Gospel