Minister of Missions
First Baptist Church
Midland, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/07/2018
Categories: Missions Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
- Shall lead in the development and assist in the implementation of a cohesive mission strategy for the entire church. Shall endeavor to make all mission activities of the church evangelistic in nature.
- Shall work closely with the Missions Committee and the Benevolence Committee to provide research, direction, and evaluation of prospective new mission work. Shall serve as an ex-officio member and staff liaison on both Committees to provide direction and
continuity from year to year on all projects (mission trips, the Christmas store, etc.)
- Shall serve as staff liaison to the Midland Baptist Association. Shall assist the MBA in all areas of their mission ministries, including, but not limited to the Midland Baptist Crisis Center.
- Shall assist and cooperate with the education staff in the coordination of all mission education programs of the church.
- Shall lead, direct, and administer the apartment ministry in cooperation with the Missions Committee. Shall give leadership to the selection process for workers in the apartment ministry.
- Lead the church in the planting and development of new mission churches in Midland, and beyond.
- Serve in a research support role to other staff members to enhance the mission outreach of their ministries. Shall stay abreast with mission trends within the church worldwide and maintain a study of missionology.
- Serve as the supervisor for the Associate Minister of Missions.
- Prepare, submit and administer the budget for Missions in cooperation with the Missions Committee.
- Support the ongoing ministry of the church and lead by example through faithfulness in tithing and worship attendance.
- Develop personal spiritual growth through a regular program of prayer and Bible study.
- Accept any other responsibilities assigned by the Pastor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.