- PLEASE do not apply through Church Staffing.
- Read below taking note of qulifications.
- Visit our website for a complete job description and profile (www.westgatechapel.org/jobs (http://www.westgatechapel.org/jobs)).
- EMAIL Cover Letter, Resume and Recent Photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not contact the church office. We will be in touch with you promptly concerning your sumbission.
THE ROLE OF THE YOUNG ADULT PASTOR is responsible for the development and implementation of our ministry to young adults, both single and married, (ages 18-35) by cultivating ministries that will emphasize the Mission of Westgate Chapel
to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, mission and strategy of Westgate Chapel and the ability to align various ministries with our mission, vision and values. The Young
Adult Pastor will report to the Discipleship Pastor.
- Is a born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ, having made a personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ and has evidence of God’s call into full-time ministry.
- Lives consistently with and in commitment to the requirements of an Elder as set forth in
1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Demonstrates a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, is a person of prayer and the Word, and is a model of a Biblical pattern of life and leadership while demonstrating a love for God and His people.
- Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit in all aspects of personal life and ministry of WGC.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies or a related field (Masters Degree preferred).
- Is in full agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of WGC; supporting the Constitution and Bylaws of WGC, evidencing commitment to the church’s stated mission.
- Is licensable by the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) and is in full agreement with the Doctrinal Statement, mission and purpose of the C&MA.
- Ability to teach/preach/effectively communicate God’s Word.
- Proven experience in the areas of developing, growing and maintaining thriving Life Group and Discipleship Ministries.
- Proven experience in recruiting, developing, training and directing ministry teams.
- Proven track record of leadership development on the professional and/or lay level.
- Possesses strong servant-leadership, relational, teaching, discipleship, and admin. skills.
- A proponent of team building and is themselves a strong team player with the desire to break down silos in ministry and lead the ministry leaders towards our common mission, objectives and goals.
- Ability to oversee and manage budgets.
- Stays current with culture trends to effectively connect the culture with the unchanging Gospel.
- Maintains a strong network of relevant professionals
- Preferred: Experience in leading worship and/or development of worship bands.
- Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Is well-ordered and disciplined in his spiritual, personal, and family life; maintaining a fresh and vital daily prayer and devotional life as the basis for ministry and showing the ability to find a healthy balance between work and family responsibilities.
- Sets appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Is committed to personal, local, national and global outreach/missions.
- Supports the ministries of WGC by faithfully tithing as an act of worship.
- Adheres to and encompasses the qualities and characteristics required of WGC employees, as defined by the WGC Staff Handbook.