TITLE OF POSITION: Student Ministry Pastor/Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Student Ministry Pastor
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
CHURCH SIZE: 2500+ (200 – 400 students)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Student Ministry Gathering & Discipleship Pastor/Coordinator will serve on the Student Ministry Team and as a greater part of the BACC staff. The primary responsibilities will be overseeing the worship and discipleship environments
for middle and high school students, including but not limited to, designing gathering format, being part of the message content development team, recruiting and training volunteers, developing small group discipleship, and coordinating with student worship
and tech ministries.
- Spiritually mature: models the lifestyle of a passionate, maturing follower of Jesus
- Enthusiastically embraces God’s vision for Bay Area Student Ministry
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Must be able to work evenings/weekend as needed
- Reliable, hard worker who multitasks well
- Self-starter who shows initiative and innovation skills
- Creative in nature with an eye for photography and design
- Ability to prioritize and to be flexible as projects and their importance shift
- Team player who works well with various personalities and has consistent positive influence within the BASM Team
- Teachable and approachable
- Has a heart for Students - middle, high and college.
1) Run Wednesday and Sunday Programs
- Communicate with parents, students and leaders about gathering details
- Run programming for Wednesday and Sunday gatherings including - being a part of the teaching rotation, hospitality, planning for small groups, being an upfront presence
- Connect and build relationships with students, parents and leaders.
2) Serve on Gathering Planning & Design Team
- Work alongside the BASM staff to plan Sunday and Wednesday teaching curriculum and gathering flow.
- Assist with creation of small group leader discussion questions which are communicated to leaders before the event.
- Be part of the teaching rotation in all discipling environments
- Be able to regularly bring fresh, creative ideas to gatherings (i.e. video, worship elements, announcements, stage design, mixers/crowd-breakers, series promotions)
3) Recruit and Train Leaders
- Spend time identifying and directly pursuing perspective leaders & volunteers
- Assist with leader development and training
- Oversee student discipleship programs
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Student Ministry, Church Ministry, Communications, Journalism or related field required. Seminary and/or graduate degree helpful but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience in student ministry or related field preferred
- Significant experience in writing and curriculum/series development required
- Familiarity with large group/small group style student ministry helpful
- Previous experience with Pro Presenter and Planning Center is desired.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign preferred
- Must be able to provide samples of written works, creative design, and audio/video of sermons/talks