First United Methodist Church of Hanover, PA (FUMC) is seeking a Preschool Director to join their ministry team. A growing church, in an expanding community, FUMC is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial person to minister to the needs of the preschool
staff, as well as the preschool students and their families. Located between Gettysburg and York, in Southcentral PA. Conveniently located near Baltimore, MD and Washington DC. Hanover is ripe with history and is home to numerous manufacturers and business.
Title: Director of Joyful Noise Preschool
Hours: Part-time, 24 hours weekly
The Preschool Director will be responsible for the operation of the Joyful Noise Preschool: for compliance with regulations; development and training of the preschool staff; correcting deficiencies that constitute immediate threats to children’s health and
safety; strategic planning and development of the Joyful Noise program; and assisting in the development and maintenance of the Joyful Noise Budget.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Develop and maintain, in conjunction with the FUMCH Finance Office, a financial plan that ensures resources necessary to meet operating costs for the care and supervision of children.
- Organize and maintain the financial records, in conjunction with the FUMCH Finance Office, for the Preschool and submit financial reports to the Joyful Noise Administrative Council when requested.
- Provide general supervision of the Preschool and establish policies concerning its operation.
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing the type of care and supervision children need, and the ability to communicate with such children as well as their parents.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding a Preschool.
- Create, enhance and maintain the preschool’s policies and program.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the Joyful Noise Task Force and Administrative Council, age-appropriate curriculum is being taught in all classrooms.
- Provide ongoing training and support to all preschool staff by conducting regular
trainings and providing feedback through classroom observations.
- Ensure personal and professional leadership growth through monthly meetings with the Joyful Noise Preschool staff and implementing any new techniques.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the preschool staff and FUMCH church staff and is available to assist in cultivating a health relationship between the church and school.
- Coordinate with SPRC and pastoral staff in recruiting, employment, training, terminating, directing and evaluating staff.
- Evidences a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood preferred but not required.
- Possesses a minimum of one-year experience as a Preschool Director preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding employment practices.
- Recognizes and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Has good verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits good organizational skills.
- Displays self-motivation and flexibility.
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced working environment with
- Meets deadlines in a punctual manner.
- Demonstrates experience in conflict resolution with parents, students, and staff.
- Evidences PC compatible computer knowledge, understanding and skill.
- Manifests proficiency in MS Window operating system, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet E-mail and Internet usage.
- Submit to and successfully pass state and federal background checks.
- Complies willingly with Safe Sanctuary policy of First United Methodist Church of Hanover.
- Pastoral reference
- Two professional references
- Personal (non-family) reference
Interested candidates can email Rev. Joshua Rhone, the Associate Pastor of Discipleship at FUMC, at email@example.com. Deadline for applying is March 31, 2018.