Youth Pastor Position Description
River’s Edge Community Church (RECC), a diverse and growing body of believers on the west side of Lansing, Michigan, is seeking
a full-time Youth Pastor. Over the last 18 years, our non-denominational church has grown to over 300 people, with 220-250 typically attending Sunday worship services. God is on the move in our area and we are enjoying the ride!
Our MISSION is to be a group of people who are known for "sharing the relevance of a relationship with Christ by applying biblical truth and using our gifts to serve the world."
We CELEBRATE God at our Worship Services
We CONNECT with Jesus and others through Connect Groups and Events
We CONTRIBUTE to the cause by joining a Ministry Team
PEOPLE - Come as you are and be who you are!
RELATIONSHIPS – Strangers become friends and friends become family.
LOVE – For God through worship; for others through serving.
FUN – Boring is not our style. People should want to go to church.
PREACHING – Biblically sound, culturally relevant. The Gospel is life-changing.
Check out riversedgecc.com for more information.
Overview of the Youth Pastor Role
To give oversight, direction, and leadership to all youth, ages 0-18, involved in River’s Edge:
Student Ministry (6th grade- 12th grade) responsibilities:
- Develop and lead weekly student gatherings.
- Create small group materials, messages, and activities.
- Plan and organize outings and gatherings throughout the year.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and lead all volunteers within the Student Ministry.
- Spend multiple hours a week connecting with students outside of the church (school activities, coffee, sporting events, etc.)
- Connect not only with the students but with their families as well.
- Help students grow in their walk with Christ.
- Oversee two part-time staff that lead our Nursery (ages 0-2), Totz (ages 3- 1st grade), and Kidz ministry (2nd – 5th grade).
- Attend bi-monthly Ministry Team Leaders meeting.
- Communicate regularly with Lead Pastor.
- Assist in other areas of ministry that fit their gifts, passions, abilities.
Our desire is to find the right person and allow some flexibility in the job description to fit that individual’s gifts, passions, and abilities. We believe the duties mentioned above would take approximately 70% of the job. Our goal is to adapt the
rest of the responsibilities to fit you! This could include any of the following areas: Connect Groups (Community/small groups); Worship or Sound; Discipleship ministry; Creativity (Stage designs, videos, design work); Technology (cameras, computers); Administrative;
or maybe something we haven’t thought of!
The position will be a full-time position with an annual salary of $35,000-$40,000 (commensurate with education and experience) plus medical and dental benefits. We would prefer a Bachelor’s degree in a ministry-related field and some ministry related
experience (volunteer or paid). The projected start date will be between June 1st and August 1st depending on the person hired.
We are looking for a someone who:
- Loves Jesus!
- Loves Students!
- Loves to have fun!
- Loves to communicate God’s Word with passion, simplicity, and application!
- Loves to learn because leaders are learners!
- Loves to work with people, but is also a self-starter who doesn’t need constant supervision!
If this sounds like you, resumes can be sent to Chase@riversedgecc.com before March 15th, 2018.