Senior Director of Marketing/Brand/Communication
Marketing and Menlo Brand Strategy
- Oversee all marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, social media, market research management, and digital content.
- Ensure all content used to promote and represent Menlo is reviewed and reflects our values and brand identity.
- Ensure communication practices at all campuses remains consistent with our values, goals and church-wide ministries.
- Develops a system of collecting compelling stories that illustrate Menlo's mission in action.
- Support Central Ministry Leaders in brand development for Menlo's central ministries.
- Amplify the Christian identity and Menlo's expression of that identity.
Leadership and Management
- Recruit and manage all communications staff.
- Strong collaboration with campuses to ensure consistent communication to congregation
- Develop and oversee system for workflow/management of creative requests from clients
Media Relations Strategy
- Engage stakeholders (all audiences)
- Work with leadership to create a comprehensive communication strategy across all distribution channels to help Menlo fulfill achieve its mission and goals.
- Works closely with operations to develop regular effective channels of communication within staff and congregation
- Engage in ongoing ROI and effectiveness assessment for all marketing & communication initiatives, both church wide and campus specific, and update strategies accordingly.
- Work with Lead Pastor (and leadership team when necessary) on strategic communication projects, ghost writing, social media, and personal brand coaching when necessary.
Digital and Web Strategy
- Develop a digital strategy that positions Menlo Church as the contextual and innovative church it is capable of being in an area so rich in technology.
- Create a digital strategy for evangelism that distributes tailored content across digital platforms resulting in increased decisions for Christ and retention / engagement in Menlo Church community life.
- Provide oversight to all aspects related to improvement and maintenance of Menlo's website and any other online or digital media platforms.
- Explores new ways to utilize existing content on a variety of a social platforms to extend series content and the weekend experience throughout the week
- Develop online community presence through quick and personal responses as Menlo Church
- Cultivate Digital Volunteer Team to help with social posting, responses, and engagement
- Monitor trends in social media applications, channels, platforms, design and strategy
- Analyze key metrics, track and report bi-monthly and tweak strategy as needed
- Help create and execute digital marketing/advertising primarily through Facebook, but also through Instagram and other new outlets as they develop
- 5+ years leadership experience in communications - ministry a-plus
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communication strategy, weekend planning, social media, marketing and public relations.
- Ability to recruit and coach communications team
- Ability to manage budgets and assess ministry effectiveness
- Highly organized, able to manage information and details well
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Work Schedule: Standard work week is 40 hours/week, with expected weekend presence and/or evening hours as needed.
SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN PEOPLE