Director of Student Ministries and Media Production
First Church Melbourne is a growing and vital congregation with many young families. We are seeking an individual to lead our students (7th-12th) and serve as a production director for video, graphics, and social media for the church.
This is a full-time position, and includes weekly-programmed student ministries, outings, retreats, missions and other trips. Other duties include regular office hours, staff meetings, and collaborating with other ministries for media design. The ideal candidate
must have a passion for ministering to students, able to work in a team-based environment, and be knowledgeable and skillful in contemporary media design and production. Responding effectively to the changing needs of teens and ability to solve problems while
thinking outside the box are essential for this position. Candidates must adhere to Wesleyan theological views and the practices of the United Methodist Church. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
The Director of Student Ministries and Media Production will be responsible for ministry to all students (grades 7-12) and the creation and implementation of social, video, and visual media for the church. This position will ensure that all opportunities
for student spiritual growth are safe, fun, active, interactive, memorable, God-honoring, character building and visitor friendly. Working closely with other ministries in the church to implement an effective media plan is essential to this position. The ideal
candidate will be an innovative thinker, technically skilled in the use of media production software and design, and an excellent communicator.
- Communicate the overall vision, goals, and strategy of the Student Ministries to the parents and the Church.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate weekly student ministries, mission trips, retreats, activities, outings, and other events to build relationships with students and the community.
- Equip, recruit, train, and lead adult volunteers to assist in reaching students.
- Develop and promote effective small group experiences for both middle school and high school students.
- Work with other ministries to create visual media and execute social media strategies.
- Ensure that all volunteers comply with the Child Protection Policy, including: screening, background checks, safety training, etc.
- Partner with parents to encourage family ministry and keep communication open.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned for events, occasions, seasons, or with regularity.
- Keep track of students through church database and report numbers and other information on a weekly basis to Administrative Director.
- Maintain active and open communication with all staff.
- Approximately70% student ministry, 30% media production.
- Weekly meetings with Pastor(s) and staff.