Worship Team Leader
It is the primary purpose of the Worship Team Leader to develop a worship ministry capable of providing inspiring and engaging worship services that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship to the glory of God.*
Worship Leader will be accountable to the Sr. Pastor.
- Leads the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship.
- Leads the worship team to include the singers, instrumentalists, sound techs, and computer techs.
- Provides guidance in the development and implementation of the highest quality worship possible by working to coordinate instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
- Meets weekly with the Pastor for planning worship services.
- Plans, schedules, leads, and coordinates the operation of corporate worship services.
- Prepares for and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and Sunday morning including the music charts and sound set up.
- Ensures worship order for the bulletin is communicated to secretary.
- Oversees the recording of worship services.
- Oversee the recruiting, scheduling, and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, sound technicians, and computer technicians.
- Finds new songs to introduce in worship and prepares the music charts for them.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Pastor.
REQUIRED CHARACTER AND SKILLS
- Maintains personal, spiritual and professional growth.
- Possess a vibrant growing personal committed relationship with Christ.
- Possess knowledge of the culture of a Bible Church.
- Agrees with the MBC doctrinal statement.
- Some experience leading worship
- Some formal Bible training preferred