Summary of Position: Leading/Directing the Middle and High School "Ignite" Student Ministries at The Chapel’s two locations.
- A track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with biblical requirements for leadership
- A relational leader that sees having fun and doing life with students and their families as a value
- A college degree; preferably a seminary degree in biblical or student ministry studies
- Have 4-5 years’ experience on a paid staff leading Student Ministry
- Have a passion to reach and disciple unchurched students
- Have an understanding and agreement with the Orange and D6 Family Ministry strategies
- Be a self-motivated leader, loving life on a team without the need for micromanagement
- Be a gifted communicator that can convey biblical truth in an age appropriate manner
- Be a problem solver, having a successful track record of project management
- Have the ability to recruit, develop, and lead teams of volunteers
- Agree with and embrace the culture, vision and doctrinal statement of The Chapel
- Lead the Ignite Middle and High School Ministries championing philosophy and program alignment between Chapel locations
- Recruit and develop volunteer teams that will reach and disciple students (both those who are following Jesus and unchurched students in the community)
- Provide pastoral care and support to students and their families
- Oversee Ignite’s large group/small group Sunday morning discipleship program
- Give leadership to the Ignite Sunday evening outreach program called “United”
- Oversee the weekly High School small group ministry (meeting in homes) aligning it with The Chapel’s Small Groups ministry philosophy.
- Oversee Ignite retreats and mission trips
- Give direction and mentoring to the Assistant Ignite Minister
- Be responsible for The Chapel’s matrix to measure overall growth and health of the Ignite Ministry.
- Give leadership to the use of technology and other social media outlets to reach and communicate Ignite events, etc.
- Oversee the financial stability of the yearly Student Ministry budget
Candidates who meet the minimum criteria should submit the following to: Kay.Wallace@thechapelbr.com by 3/1/17.
- A cover letter expressing interest in this position and explanation of why the candidate believes his/her qualifications match those sought for the Student Ministry “Ignite” Director position at The Chapel.
- A current resume
- A brief video introducing yourself, family and ministry philosophy
Only candidates who meet the minimum criteria and submit the requested material will be considered.
No phone calls, please. This position will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.