Part-Time Worship Leader / Worship Pastor
Life Church (yourlifechurch.org), a 20-year old church in the northwest Austin, Texas, suburb of Leander, is looking for a person to serve as a part-time worship leader with the potential of becoming
a full-time position.
Leander is the fastest growing small city in the nation, and over the past 5 years has grown by more than 42%! Leander ISD is the largest school district in the county and the fastest-growing district in the state of Texas. We are surrounded by other rapidly-growing
communities. Austin is the 8th fastest growing city in the nation, and it is a fun, hip, weird, and musical city.
Our church spent the first 14 years in 5 different locations. In the past 6 years we purchased land, built our phase 1 building (we have 3 phases planned on our 20 acres), and have grown from 150 to 800 attenders in 3 worship services each Sunday. We have
already broken ground on our phase 2 building project, which has a worship center 3 times larger than we have now.
Though this position is part-time now, after we move into our phase 2 building, we plan on expanding the position, so there is future potential for a full-time role.
The part-time position will be around 15-20 hours per week.
1) Leading/shepherding/discipling the vocalists/musicians/technicians.
2) Worship planning with the Lead Pastor (sometimes face-to-face and sometimes via phone or email).
3) Creating song lists in Planning Center.
4) Managing a rotation of vocalists/musicians/tech workers in Planning Center to maintain a full band and team each week.
5) Rehearsing with the vocalists/musicians/tech workers.
6) Recruiting a diverse team of vocalists/musicians/technicians.
7) Training vocalists/musicians/technicians.
8) Empowering vocalists/musicians/technicians to give collaborative input to creating each worship experience.
9) Ensuring smooth transitions from one song to another, including times of directive leading where there is reflection, instruction, encouragement, or challenge.
10) Sharing the worship leading role with other vocalists so that each week there is a team of worship leaders instead of simply a solo worship leader.
11) Working with technicians to coordinate music lyrics, video elements, lighting, etc. in order to maintain production value.
12) Helping maintain equipment.
13) Working with the Executive Pastor to purchase music, supplies, and equipment within budget parameters.
14) Organizing quarterly gatherings of vocalists/musicians/technicians.
To apply, please send Lead Pastor, Brian Lightsey (email@example.com) a cover letter, resume (with at least 3 professional references), and a video link of the applicant leading