Lead a team of employees and volunteers who maintain, clean and improve our facilities as well as prepare for a wide range of events. This job requires planning and clear and effective communication with all directors, employees and our Facilities Committee.
Our facilities are used every day of the week, so a high standard of cleaning and maintenance inside and out is of upmost importance to our organization. This is a key role that shapes the first experience of everyone who visits our church.
- Ensure setup and tear down for events is planned, communicated and executed well.
- Establish, document, and carry out a comprehensive cleaning schedule for every room in our facility.
- Oversee a maintenance schedule that is a minimum of six months in advance (with a goal of scheduling 12 months in advance).
- Coordinate a weekly briefing with the Executive Director for the purpose of communicating pertinent facilities activity and current/future plans.
- Plan necessary facility maintenance jobs in a way that does not interfere with ministry events.
- Work with local vendors that we hire to ensure they do what they are hired to do, stay on schedule, meet our expectations and conduct their work in accordance with our policies.
- Ensure all facilities and grounds are in compliance with local codes at all times.
- Work with the Executive Director to plan for capital improvements and create/update the facilities annual budget.
- Member of the Facilities Committee, attending all meetings.
- Oversee the CCC Safety and Security Committee.
- Report to the Executive Director.
Key Skills, Experiences, and Abilities:
- Fully agrees with CCC’s Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a consistent pursuit of godliness and character.
- Collaborative servant leader able to work well in a team environment and with other departments.
- Approachable and engaging with people.
- A heart to actively support ministry momentum in a large church environment.
- Flexible in regards to working with people and understanding the variety of ministry needs; a natural collaborator.
- Effective and experienced leader of volunteers, staff, and teams.
- Able to plan ahead and implement that plan.
- Sees problems before others do (i.e, lights out, broken items, etc.).
- Able to work with vendors, and secure the best vendors for our needs.
- Is naturally neat and has an attention to detail in everything they do.
- Has HVAC, general electric and plumbing experience/knowledge.
Schedule / Hours
This job is a salaried position, with a regular schedule of Sunday-Thursday.
- Time: Full-Time